2010 Leg

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Has U2 ever gone to Europe for 2 legs?? I know they do NA twice, I don't recall them going back to Europe....at least on Vertigo, I hope they do though, I'll go see 'em across the pond next year!

The Boy, October, UF, and ZooTV tours all had multiple European legs. You could sort of say War did too - the Pre-War Tour was in Europe, as was the first leg of the War Tour proper and a festivals leg in mid-1983.

perspective people. the combined population of australia and new zealand is about 25 million. california has 36 million people and basically get 1.5 shows. they'll get here - don't get annoyed with the fact that they kinda need to play shows to make the money that will fund the leg of the tour down here. that's not always the case, but it's entirely possible.

Population, Smopulation. China & India have the two largest populations in the world, and how many shows do they get? .......That said, I see your point on "tour funding" It just annoys me that we're left out in the dark for most of the tour, and then suddenly "THEY'RE COMING"......and we get relegated to the end of the tour (which wasn't so bad last time becuaseof the 6+month gap in the tour)

Population means nothing. Australia, relative to population have the best attendance record at U2 shows (apart from NZ).

We sell out every show, and they played 8 or 9 shows to 80,000 each night on the Vertigo tour. thats a show for every 2 million people. California would have to sell out 18 stadium shows to get that ratio

i pity those people that live way up north in Canada and have to trek 4000 kms all the way to Toronto or Vancouver on snowshoes.

I'd imagine those are the people that should complain bitterly, but alas, we are Canadian and humble, and just deal with it.

hehe....we are humble...and we know it! :applaud:

i pity those people that live way up north in Canada and have to trek 4000 kms all the way to Toronto or Vancouver on snowshoes.

I'd imagine those are the people that should complain bitterly, but alas, we are Canadian and humble, and just deal with it.
but see, because they're playing your country at all means you can drop everything and spend a decent chunk of money to see them. :|

Population, Smopulation. China & India have the two largest populations in the world, and how many shows do they get? .......That said, I see your point on "tour funding" It just annoys me that we're left out in the dark for most of the tour, and then suddenly "THEY'RE COMING"......and we get relegated to the end of the tour (which wasn't so bad last time becuaseof the 6+month gap in the tour)

so you want them to attempt to play here in winter? this kind of tour schedule is just good sense. plus if they slotted australia in between two american legs there would be bitching about that leg just being stuck in between american legs. can't please everyone or anyone :shrug:

There are 2 things in Australia's favour this time: our strong dollar compared to US$ and euro, and the Vertigo tour sellout. They will tour, they'll just take their sweet fucking time to get here is all.

And when they do it'll be during another fucking heatwave, stadium gigs in hot weather :grumpy:

but see, because they're playing your country at all means you can drop everything and spend a decent chunk of money to see them. :|

some flights within Canada cost substantially more than crossing the pond to EMEA. unless what you meant to say is we can spend a huge amount of money to see them in our own country.

as such, it's cheaper to use our snowshoes or mukluks to get us to where we gotta go. or stay home and sulk and drink like a fish.

some flights within Canada cost substantially more than crossing the pond to EMEA. unless what you meant to say is we can spend a huge amount of money to see them in our own country.

as such, it's cheaper to use our snowshoes or mukluks to get us to where we gotta go. or stay home and sulk and drink like a fish.
oh believe me, i understand completely. it's like that where i live (memphis) as well. unless i'm flying to one of the couple hubs delta has in the u.s., i pay a ridiculous amount to fly for two hours. not to mention having a couple layovers, though that part isn't as bad. sometimes i've looked up plane tickets within the u.s. and it'd cost me as much as $900 to fly coach.

i just think some need to gain some perspective. yes, it sucks that they haven't confirmed whether or not they're playing aus/nz. however, they haven't announced any dates past the second leg. i'm quite safe in saying there's many u2 fans around the world in the dark right now wondering if they're going to play a concert anywhere near them. i just wish some would calm down instead of throwing around comments that no one in europe or north america can complain since they've been to their continent.

completely hypothetical. if u2 were to play shows up and down new zealand but completely skip australia, would you get on a plane for two hours and not complain bitterly?

perspective people. the combined population of australia and new zealand is about 25 million. california has 36 million people and basically get 1.5 shows. they'll get here - don't get annoyed with the fact that they kinda need to play shows to make the money that will fund the leg of the tour down here. that's not always the case, but it's entirely possible.

we're allowed to act irrationally, thankyouverymuch :wink:

i would certainly fly to new zealand, without a shadow of a doubt, but at least we can say with absolute certainty that scenario is not going to happen.

you can't please everyone no, but i do get annoyed with those who seem to whinge about not getting a second leg, or not getting shows on their doorstep and having to travel a few hours.

There are 2 things in Australia's favour this time: our strong dollar compared to US$ and euro, and the Vertigo tour sellout. They will tour, they'll just take their sweet fucking time to get here is all.

And when they do it'll be during another fucking heatwave, stadium gigs in hot weather :grumpy:

They will experience what a summer really is when they hit Adelaide and Melbourne :D

i would certainly fly to new zealand, without a shadow of a doubt, but at least we can say with absolute certainty that scenario is not going to happen.

you can't please everyone no, but i do get annoyed with those who seem to whinge about not getting a second leg, or not getting shows on their doorstep and having to travel a few hours.

true, but you appreciate my point - correct?

exactly. while it is rich for some people to be complaining about not getting a second leg instantly, you can't place the entire region into one basket where it's easy and cheap to get on a plane and go to a show - trust me, the united states is certainly not as cheap to travel around as australia and the expenses build up to make a trip to someone even 300 miles away completely unfeasible. bear in mind more often than not you can fly to new zealand for what it costs to fly from memphis to atlanta, for example.

true, but you appreciate my point - correct?

exactly. while it is rich for some people to be complaining about not getting a second leg instantly, you can't place the entire region into one basket where it's easy and cheap to get on a plane and go to a show - trust me, the united states is certainly not as cheap to travel around as australia and the expenses build up to make a trip to someone even 300 miles away completely unfeasible. bear in mind more often than not you can fly to new zealand for what it costs to fly from memphis to atlanta, for example.

yeah, i do. i don't know the logistics or geographics for america. if we get a tour you won't hear a shred of a complaint from me. i just think if some people were in the position we're in, there'd be an uproar.

trust me, the united states is certainly not as cheap to travel around as australia and the expenses build up to make a trip to someone even 300 miles away completely unfeasible. bear in mind more often than not you can fly to new zealand for what it costs to fly from memphis to atlanta, for example.

I don't get why people don't just hop into a car and drive when a trip is relatively short (in the US anyway). I mean 300 or so miles doesn't take all that long (unless you are driving on a super busy main highway through heavily populated urban areas during the start of a holiday weekend...then it can be a little hairy :shifty: :lol: ), and it isn't all that expensive. With security and connections you generally have to deal with now on US flights, I'd even say driving a few hundred miles would get you to your destination faster than flying. :shrug:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom