2010 Leg

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure how reliable it is, but the sunday paper had an article on opening night in Barca. They also noted in the end about the 2010 tour including S. America AND Australia. :hmm:

darn right :lol:

i'll follow them too, then i'll just put it aaaaaaall on the hecs debt :wink:

would like to see you try ..... i better put some more money into the tour account i was beginnign to doubt they would come , but it woon't be long im sure......

thank god for that otherwise i would have put it towards a house deposit or something :yuck:

I heard on a TV show on Channel 9 that they'll be coming in 2010, well it wasn't me that heard it, just someone else and they told me. :shifty:

I'm constantly hearing rumours about a visit to Australia. :hyper:

For a CT show, Rentschler Field in Hartford where Springsteen has played holds 40,000; while not Hartford the Yale Bowl in New Haven holds about 64,000 and has held concerts before.

According to local radio, U2 have started negotiations with Sunderland AFC to play at their Stadium of Light next summer.

oh boy i wish they would play in Columbia SC, williams brice stadium perhaps?:):):), would be the most excitment Columbia SC has seen in a long time,lol

i wish they would announce the dates and release the tickets so i wouldnt be as upset they didnt come to philly this leg.

They should just keep the U2360 Tour going, evolving, forever... touring for six months of a year, resting and recording and messing with the stage for six months (not necessarily contiguous).

For a CT show, Rentschler Field in Hartford where Springsteen has played holds 40,000; while not Hartford the Yale Bowl in New Haven holds about 64,000 and has held concerts before.

i'm not sure the claw would fit in the rent. the rent is small, height wise. it would dwarf the whole stadium, which would be kind of cool. i can't see them playing there. maybe the yale bowl though.

It'll be stadiums. I don't know where these "indications" of an arena tour are, because I sure haven't seen any. All information I have says the tour is exclusively stadiums.

Well, I think there's speculation primarily because of the stadium diagrams on U2.com....somebody awhile back mentioned that the image file came from a folder called "larger venues" or something like that, hinting that they would be playing both larger and smaller venues (arenas). I don't think they'll be playing arenas, but I think that's where some of the speculation comes from.

Well, I think there's speculation primarily because of the stadium diagrams on U2.com....somebody awhile back mentioned that the image file came from a folder called "larger venues" or something like that, hinting that they would be playing both larger and smaller venues (arenas). I don't think they'll be playing arenas, but I think that's where some of the speculation comes from.

That's correct, and there didn't appear to be any corresponding folder for smaller venues (or any alternatives). In any case, why would U2 go to the trouble of creating something as majestic and expensive as The Claw and not use it as often as possible? It makes no sense to go indoors when it's already apparent that they've raised the bar even higher than ever for outdoor productions.

Obviously the tour's focus so far has been on Europe and N America but there's plenty of other places the band could go when the weather gets too marginal to consider playing outdoors in these core territories (Australasia, S America etc). Or, they could enjoy some downtime with their families, or work on the Songs of Ascent album, for instance. There's nothing official to indicate that the 360 Tour will be anything other than a stadium tour.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom