2010 Leg

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Right, I wouldn't be surprised if they end up pulling out Miss Sarajevo in Zagreb.

It would be nice, but I doubt it. After all, these are different days today, different countries, different circumstances (Zagreb was bombed a couple of times during the war, but it didn't experience the devastation and annihilation Sarajevo suffered - some other Croatian cities did though). Plus they're lazy. :wink:

But you never know, maybe Bono will get back into his opera mode. Just like they're doing New Year's Day for Poland.

It would be nice, but I doubt it. After all, these are different days today, different countries, different circumstances (Zagreb was bombed a couple of times during the war, but it didn't experience the devastation and annihilation Sarajevo suffered - some other Croatian cities did though). Plus they're lazy. :wink:

But you never know, maybe Bono will get back into his opera mode. Just like they're doing New Year's Day for Poland.

Miss Sarajevo would be reasonably easy for them to play - just Edge on piano, a little action from Adam and Larry, and Bono awesomeness. And Bono has already shown off his opera skills once on this tour - see Magnificent from Milano 1.

My prediction for Leg 3 and Leg 4:
US and Canada

Montreal
Edmonton x2
Oakland x2
Salt Lake City
San Antonio
New Orleans
Miami
Denver
East Rutherford (new stadium) x2
Philadelphia x2
Hartford x2
Indianapolis
Detroit
Madison
St Louis or Kansas City

Vox

A Hartford gig would be great, although I don't know that there's a venue with the capacity for 360.

Miss Sarajevo would be reasonably easy for them to play - just Edge on piano, a little action from Adam and Larry, and Bono awesomeness. And Bono has already shown off his opera skills once on this tour - see Magnificent from Milano 1.

If they're gonna play it, Edge should be playing guitar. I find the Vertigo versions a bit boring. I much prefered Running To Stand Still in that spot.

Detroit....ew. It's so dirty.

And dangerous. Also, the stadium in Detroit is a dome (that doesn't open) would the Claw even fit there? And sad is it may be I doubt the show is coming to a state with 14% unemployment.

And dangerous. Also, the stadium in Detroit is a dome (that doesn't open) would the Claw even fit there? And sad is it may be I doubt the show is coming to a state with 14% unemployment.

Nope, the Claw would not fit in Ford Field, the only place I could see them playing in Detroit would be Comerica Park, or Michigan Stadium in Ann Arbor. Any U2 show is going to bring in people from other cities, so I don't think they'd base playing Michigan or not on the unemployment rate. If they do play Comerica Park, the area around there isn't that bad.

The problem is, if they do the whole 360 thing again, where can they play? Not many options here.

How about this for an idea?

got to thinking, as i sometimes do, and had a brainwave.....maybe, just maybe, the 2010 legs (return to Europe and North Amreica etc etc) will be to facilitate the support of the (at that time) newly released album "Songs of Ascent"!

What do ya think? :hmm::hmm::hmm::hmm:

There's been some speculation of this in the SOA thread, being that they are opening with Kindom and have now snuck in a new piece right before BD.

Somebody told somebody that U2 will be playing Munich, Frankfurt and Hannover next August/September. Again, pretty obvious, but there it is nonetheless.

A Hartford gig would be great, although I don't know that there's a venue with the capacity for 360.

They could fit it in Rentschler Field, where UCONN plays football. Over the last few years, The Stones, Springsteen, and The Police have played there.

Australia may be looking good!!!!!!!!

Australia?!

AUSTRALIA?!?! :angry:

Over on U2.com, an Aussie who's in Europe and going to shows there has said that she heard from a very reliable crew member that planning is in the pipeline for Australia next year - either February 2010 or October/November 2010!!!!!!!!!

Am excited cos this girl seems to have contacts! Sorry - haven't heard about NZ.

Over on U2.com, an Aussie who's in Europe and going to shows there has said that she heard from a very reliable crew member that planning is in the pipeline for Australia next year - either February 2010 or October/November 2010!!!!!!!!!

Am excited cos this girl seems to have contacts! Sorry - haven't heard about NZ.

Hey! That was my first post!!:wave:

anyone predicting several uk shows in 2010 probably needs to consider the struggle to sell out the 09 shows.

max 2 shows next year

Nope, the Claw would not fit in Ford Field, the only place I could see them playing in Detroit would be Comerica Park, or Michigan Stadium in Ann Arbor. Any U2 show is going to bring in people from other cities, so I don't think they'd base playing Michigan or not on the unemployment rate. If they do play Comerica Park, the area around there isn't that bad.

The problem is, if they do the whole 360 thing again, where can they play? Not many options here.

that would be awesome if they played at michigan stadium...it's as big as the rose bowl.

another sweet place would be beaver stadium, where the penn state nittany lions play

not sure if the colleges would allow it though

-dan

Oz early 2010. Latam late 2010. Certainty.

Ok now its been mentioned. I've heard that too, but a while back. It was from someone at Live Nation that I heard it re: early 2010. Sorry to be cryptic and mysterious :|

I think Oz/NZ is still very much up in the air however. Mainly due to to A: the state of the world economy and B: the size of the production. Its really touch and go and Oz will just have to wait and see sadly...

they're already playing two (off the top of my head) college stadiums this leg.

yes, but it varies from school to school...where the stadium is located within the campus, what it would do to the field (even if it's during the summer).

can anyone here tell us if those two stadiums have held concerts in the past?

-dan

yes, but it varies from school to school...where the stadium is located within the campus, what it would do to the field (even if it's during the summer).

can anyone here tell us if those two stadiums have held concerts in the past?

-dan

Memorial Stadium in Oklahoma had the Rolling Stones back in 97, Bridges to Babylong tour, i think thats the only other time we've had a concert there. Now were are getting the "bridges to claw" tour...ironic?

anyone predicting several uk shows in 2010 probably needs to consider the struggle to sell out the 09 shows.

max 2 shows next year

Well I think it needs to be Manchester as they haven't planned to go be there in the first leg of the tour so far, and I reckon a lot of people haven't gone to other UK shows like me, because the other places are too much of a trek. So it's certainly possible that the Manchester shows could be very profitable. I remember last tour Manchester was pretty packed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom