Weigh in - here---------->

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'd rather not say how much I weigh, but it's been a constant battle. I'm going to start going back to the gym more regularly and watch what I eat more closely.

I think I just lack the support... :(

wenda said:

I think I just lack the support... :(

i hear you

i have lost and gained it back so many times

i want to keep it off this time
i live alone, so not much support for me.

i told myself i would honestly weigh-in and post every Monday

i am using this thread for support

you can do the same

start off with 0
if you like

next week you may be -2
or whatever

and just the track number

Thanks deep! I read this thread earlier today and it was good to see so many people fighting for the same thing.

I'm in. I'll weigh myself and we'll go from there.

I've lost almost 10 pounds since school started and I'm down to a size 6! Yeah! Now to only stay here with the holidays coming up...

briarrose said:
I've lost almost 10 pounds since school started and I'm down to a size 6! Yeah! Now to only stay here with the holidays coming up...

YOU CAN DO IT! The holidays can be such a hard time to be good. Don't eliminate everything though. Just be sensible and don't go overboard and you should be fine. It's okay to indulge once in a while.

I'm not quitting this....

after a month of trips to oregon, new york, Santa Barbara and finally this weekend to Las Vegas, I have bloomed from 211 to 216 but I will not give up! when all of this moving about nonsense is over, back to the dedicated diet and exercise...:yes:

"bloomed"...:cute:

That's a nice way of describing what happens to me, I'm going to use it!

Paul and I have a new goal for April 1, 2006, and the start of the next cycling season. A combined weight of 300. That is an EXTREMELY aggressive goal, so who knows if we will reach it, but it's what we are saying for now.

this makes me feel like I'm not alone with this battle. I'm a big(emphaize this) girl. Finally I have taken some control. I went to the gym and did get a trainer as well. It costs a lot BUT it is so helping. But it's nice to know that others are dealing with this. Up to now I've lost 25lbs but I want to loose another 30 before the new year. Is it possible??? Anyway it's great to find this thread. Made my day!

YOU CAN ALL DO IT!

Just learn as much about the food you eat as you can. I love to eat. I do not count calories or watch the amounts of food I consume. I just eat plenty of really good food. Paying a bit more for organic foods is always a good idea. I now eat a bigger variety of foods than I did when I was a meat eater.

This is a good read:

http://www.goveg.com/veganism.asp

I'm officially back in my skinny jeans. Well, they're not exactly skinny. :wink: But compared to the size I was wearing a few months ago they are. :up:

Mrs. Edge said:
"bloomed"...:cute:

That's a nice way of describing what happens to me, I'm going to use it!

Paul and I have a new goal for April 1, 2006, and the start of the next cycling season. A combined weight of 300. That is an EXTREMELY aggressive goal, so who knows if we will reach it, but it's what we are saying for now.

Mrs. Edge

Were you at the 10/17 Philly show? I think I saw you. You looked really thin. You don't need to lose weight. You look great!

briarrose said:

Mrs. Edge

Were you at the 10/17 Philly show? I think I saw you. You looked really thin. You don't need to lose weight. You look great!

I agree! I've seen pictures of you and you look fantastic! :up: I

Tech said:
tbut I want to loose another 30 before the new year. Is it possible??? Anyway it's great to find this thread. Made my day!

that is a great goal

i think it is hard to lose more than around 2 pounds a week and really keep it off.

if it takes you through Jan or Feb of 2006

That is still outstanding

Remember 3500 calories is one pound

1500 a day, spread out over 4 eating times was the least I could cut to and still feel pretty good.

i think i only burn between 2200- 2500

so i lost my 1.5 - 2 pounds a week

that was a steady decline and I am trying not to pound down 3000 +
and put it back on

i am doing pretty good, I bought a half gallon of ice cream last night
ate two servings and woke up feeling like crap from all the processed sugar

i had some fresh oj for breakfast and oatmeal with just a small sprinkling of brown sugar
my metabolism calmed down and my headache went awake

if nothing else, maybe this has changed my system from being able to process all the crap i used to regularly eat.

(end of ramble)

i don't usually post pictures

but here is a recent one from a wedding I attended

the suit was tailored when I was 20 pounds heavier

it is a bit loose, now

3453%3A%3A%3A%3B23232%7Ffp64%3Dot%3E232%3B%3D%3A25%3D875%3DXROQDF%3E2323%3B%3A%3A9255%3A8ot1lsi

Eliv8 said:
YOU CAN ALL DO IT!

Just learn as much about the food you eat as you can. I love to eat. I do not count calories or watch the amounts of food I consume. I just eat plenty of really good food. Paying a bit more for organic foods is always a good idea. I now eat a bigger variety of foods than I did when I was a meat eater.

This sounds very much like Eat to Live by Joel Fuhrman, which I am reading as we speak. Basically it's a mostly vegan diet, about 10% animal prods suggested, and he says that it's better to eat some meat etc and stuff yourself with fibre, fruits and veggies, than to be a total vegetarian that just eats pastries etc. (makes good sense of course!) Basically it is about maximizing the nutrients you get largely through a vegetarian diet, and then the rest takes care of itself.

Last edited:
daygloeyes2 said:
I agree! I've seen pictures of you and you look fantastic! :up: I
I can vouch that she looks super-ultra fantastic. :D

Now me, on the other hand... :reject:

It's gonna be a tough 16.5 lbs. :yikes:

briarrose said:

Mrs. Edge

Oh dear, no that wasn't me! I was at a Philly show in May.

"really thin" I am definitely not, but I am reasonably happy with my weight right now, as I fit my clothes (which I didn't too well last spring! :eek: )

I am in the mid/upper 130s and 5'5". I'd LOOOOVE to get to 120, but I haven't weighed that since my teens, so I'm sure that would be a hellish slog, and not entirely necessary.

Here is a pic of me taken by our very own Diemen! :D That's also me in my avatar.

Attachments

• 11960img_1751a-med.jpg
    11960img_1751a-med.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 64
Mrs. Edge said:

Oh dear, no that wasn't me! I was at a Philly show in May.

"really thin" I am definitely not, but I am reasonably happy with my weight right now, as I fit my clothes (which I didn't too well last spring! :eek: )

I am in the mid/upper 130s and 5'5". I'd LOOOOVE to get to 120, but I haven't weighed that since my teens, so I'm sure that would be a hellish slog, and not entirely necessary.

Here is a pic of me taken by our very own Diemen! :D That's also me in my avatar.

You are beautiful! No weight gain or loss needed, I say. :yes:

Sorry Mrs. Edge! It must've been someone else that looked like you (that's a good thing). But yeah, you look great! I'm 5'3" and weigh 130lbs:sad:, but I'm content wearing a size 6. I actually bought 2 pairs of 4's the other day and they fit!!!! Congratulations on your weight loss!

Mrs. Edge said:
briarrose, that's a perfectly good weight! And size 6? I am a size 10! So you are doing very well. :)

That's weird that you're a size 10. You don't look it! You look much smaller than that.

That's what I don't actually understand. I see shows like the Biggest Loser where there are these women who weigh 165 or something at the end of the show and now fit size 8 or less, and I in the 130s with a 27" waist and 34 A cup have never worn anything smaller than "medium" or 8!!! I have big hips, but they aren't THAT big!

I just don't get it! :shrug:

Mrs. Edge said:
That's what I don't actually understand. I see shows like the Biggest Loser where there are these women who weigh 165 or something at the end of the show and now fit size 8 or less,

believe reality tv

Mrs. Edge said:
That's what I don't actually understand. I see shows like the Biggest Loser where there are these women who weigh 165 or something at the end of the show and now fit size 8 or less, and I in the 130s with a 27" waist and 34 A cup have never worn anything smaller than "medium" or 8!!! I have big hips, but they aren't THAT big!

That is strange. Your measurements show that you'd be a 6. That's what my waist is, but I'm a 36C. I'm not sure what my hips are, but they're not small. Maybe it's the brand of clothes you buy. In Gap I wear a 6, Banana Republic 4, J Crew 4, Old Navy 6. My best friend weighs 165 and she wears an 8/10, but she looks like she'd weigh about 145.

briarrose said:
That is strange. Your measurements show that you'd be a 6. That's what my waist is, but I'm a 36C. I'm not sure what my hips are, but they're not small. Maybe it's the brand of clothes you buy. In Gap I wear a 6, Banana Republic 4, J Crew 4, Old Navy 6. My best friend weighs 165 and she wears an 8/10, but she looks like she'd weigh about 145.
I keep telling her that her clothes are baggy! Now I'm vindicated! :D

Back
Top Bottom