The forum name idea thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Chizip said:
i can see why people would be annoyed with the name The Fool

but it seems like people are also annoyed that there is just a new forum for chat/games

for myself, i'm not.

i am annoyed that many people in this thread never post in chat threads. so why are the in a thread (in the CHAT FORUM) to name the chat forum?

Sicy said:
Well we can very easily put it back the way it was if everyone really hates it that much.

Oh wait I shouldnt say everyone. If it were everyone it would be quite simple.

No. Keep it as is. But everyone that bitched so much to get these threas out of LS should probably stop hanging out in the new forum now and go back to their chatless LS forum.

arw9797 said:

1. I don't understand why it bothered you or anyone else that chat threads were in LS. How did these threads being in LS hurt anyone in anyway?

It caused physical pain to my eyes.

Seriously? Because there's a difference between posting a subject like "Do you eat peanuts in the shell" and just aimless chatting. Haha, AIMless chatting. Pun!
What's the big deal about having a forum to yourselves? Now it makes LS a place for threads with substance and this one a place for tomfoolery.
2. If you don't like chat threads what on earth are you doing in a chat thread in a chat forum? I don't like politics so I stay out of FYM. Same thing.

Becaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaause, he wanted it to be done. Why is that so hard to understand? Not to mention Sicy singled him out so that "all complaints go to Chizip". How bout giving him the right to defend himself?

3. A chat thread is a great idea since we have sub forums for other things. I think the title, The Fool, is what was wrong. If it would have been named something a little less insulting from the get go then you probably wouldn't have gotten the same response.

Hmm, seems you like it. I guess that takes care of point #1.
It was a wrong title, but do you really care that much? I mean, really?

Sicy said:
We are currently discussing whether or not to move those threads. Those threads pertain to the subject of that specific forum, (movies/tv) so its not really a clear cut choice.

I know it's not my place since it's up to the mod team, but I think the threads should be moved here. Zoo Station is the only forum that had/has an overload of game threads. The game threads over there eliminate discussion and always bump down discussion threads. After all, ZS's forum description is This forum is dedicated to the discussion of TV shows, celebrities, and movies.

arw9797 said:

No. Keep it as is. But everyone that bitched so much to get these threas out of LS should probably stop hanging out in the new forum now and go back to their chatless LS forum.

Exactly! :up:

Seriously, what are you doing here trying to name a chat forum that you're not even participating in? :huh:

So far, I see two people posting in this thread that I know have openly said they don't like chat forums and want them removed from LS. I also see a few on "who's online" viewing this thread and/or forum. :crack: If you don't like it then go back to LS where you won't be bothered by our threads. Why are you so interested in this forum now that you've gotten your way? :crazy:

easytiger said:

Ah yes :love:

People shouldn't take the internet so damn seriously, but it's SOOO amusing when they do :wink:

untitled.jpg

U2Girl1978 said:
Seriously, the arguing is getting old really quickly.

:tsk:

I'm just tired of chat threads being the enemy around here. If it wasn't for randooom then I wouldn't have met a lot of really great people that I want to know for the rest of my life. I just don't understand why now that the threads have been moved, the people who wanted them moved are in the new forum posting and not in their chatless forum of LS.

I agree with arw9797 about the fact that before I found DESCRIBE, I really didn't have any friends on here except Zoot, and it really made me feel sort of like an outsider...I mean, I really see no harm in the chat threads, I also sorta like them having their own space, but there's no reason to keep complaining about the threads, let them live out their merry little lives here.

There is no real reason to insult those who post in them, is what I'm trying to get at sorta,

and btw, I thought that I hear voice, ridiculous voices was a decent idea

Ya totally! game threads are stupid, good idea mods!

Now excuse me, i wanna go record singing some more in EYKIW. Get something productive done... tah-tah!

hur hur hur!

just because the threads are moved to their own forum doesnt mean everyone thinks they are stupid or dumb :huh:

its just a way of organizing things

a wise man once said "Taxonomy isn't such a bad thing"

Seriously, it should be called Mission: Impossible

Think of the subtitle:

Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to participate in as many game threads as possible.

And it's even U2 related...

:D

bono_212 just said people insulted people who chat in game threads, and catlhere mockingly said "game threads are stupid" as if that was the reason they were moved

The other thing is... how did Chat and Game threads get bunched up under one umbrella? :huh:

I can only speak for myself but I will say this. I like participating in chat threads but I'm not particularly fond of some of the game threads like Name Game, Type The First Thing.., What're you doing right now etc. Of course others may feel differently which I respect.

But why ostracize all these threads into this one forum called The Fool? :|

it's getting old to read this same back and forth crap about the fact that these threads are annoying or they aren't. if you think they're annoying, great. you don't have to read them anymore as they're in their own forum and you're trolling this thread.

if you're not here to actually discuss the naming of the forum, then kindly exit this thread.

well to stick up for myself,

I was referring to just this thread

I never experienced a problem being in a chat thread before

and I believe catlhere was being sarcastic, since he pointed to the singwith me game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom