The 'Desert Island Game Running Diary' Thread, Part 5

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You know one thing this playlist achieves quite well? It makes you feel like you've been playing a very bad eighties video game very badly.

As I was saying, Indians!

The Navajo have eunuchs in their culture, right? I presume so after hearing this.

I am pretty confident that if the aliens heard these murmurs of earth, they would think two things:
1. God, that planet's not terribly creative or interesting, is it?
2. Let's go somewhere else. Without whales.

I'm not sure if that Peter Gabriel song is boring, or if I'm just so bored already that anything in this context will be dull.

Now, Sigur Ros's debut is terrible and has only one good song, Myrkur.

This is not Myrkur.

We move from the loopy sounds of Arnhem Land to some shit by Sigur Ros with about as many seams in a segue as is musically possible.

Actually, I suppose this isn't such a bad song from Von. I mean, the guitar has some distortion. About time we got something interesting. But it fails to rock no matter how hard it tries, because it's so drawn out.

I think we've moved up a bit chronologically, folks! Rather than ET on the Atari, we're now playing Jazz Jackrabbit on Windows 95!

Alright, I take that back. I loved the music from Jazz Jackrabbit. I don't hate this or anything, but the music from Jazz Jackrabbit rocks the mystique out of it.

Did Sigur Ros just laugh at me near the end of that track?

Probably for still listening to this. I mean, the segue into the Panpipes thing is pretty much the worst segue ever.

Oh thank god, no more murmurs.

Oh shit, Amanda Palmer.

Okay, that thing about the Australian-Sigur Ros segue I said before, that should have been reserved for this.

Was this used in a Road To movie?

If this is what we're sending to the aliens, we may as well get that LHC to create some black holes as soon as possible. We've failed as a people, and all that lives with us is shamed.

I swear to god, part of the melody of this Amanda Palmer song makes me want to sing Come On Eileen.

Now that's a good song. Why wasn't it on here instead? Would have worked wonders from that Japanese track!

It could give this tracklist some much-needed life.

This Vangelis track is staggeringly inconsequential.

What was the point of including that Genesis interlude? I mean, we already had a bloody Peter Gabriel instrumental. And it added nothing to the tracklist, it's all so drawn out anyway.

And then it just suddenly cuts. Wow, that was atrocious.

Curve probably would have fit onto this list, too.

Maybe not. That's more like, early nineties video game music.

Damn, I thought we were done there. But no, still half of Kate Bush's traque to go.

Oh, she tells us to go to sleep?

No, I think we all fell asleep around Cranes In Their Nest.

Back
Top Bottom