St Mary’s Butts, Reading, England Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Offered to give my partner a foot massage last night because her feet were sore. Used body lotion because it meant less muscle stress on my hands (don't give a shit about what her feet needed).

"It looks like I'm rubbing cum onto your feet"

She didn't know what to do with that. I feel sorry for her because I'm such a challenge for her personality.

I don't even need to say anything, do I.
It might be up there with the other night where she beat me to Auckland and took a shower. I had one when I arrived.

"Did you use conditioner when you showered?"
"Yes, why?"
"Did you miss your hand initially?"
"Yes, why?"
"I went skating on something that looked like jizz in the shower"

She didn't know whether to apologise or laugh.

ugh. the power is out in our neighbourhood (a pretty big one too, like ~4k people), and only ours. no one else in all of austin is affected, and i can't figure out why. a storm is coming, but i mean if that's why the power is gonna start going out, come on...

also, their website is saying that it won't be back up until 11 pm. it's been out since 9...eating dinner in the dark sucks.

Should try living in South Australia where the whole state (ie. about 1.5 million people) had a power blackout because the wind knocked over power station towers. :wink:

ugh. the power is out in our neighbourhood (a pretty big one too, like ~4k people), and only ours. no one else in all of austin is affected, and i can't figure out why. a storm is coming, but i mean if that's why the power is gonna start going out, come on...

also, their website is saying that it won't be back up until 11 pm. it's been out since 9...eating dinner in the dark sucks.

And this is why I still have a couple of candles.

Should try living in South Australia where the whole state (ie. about 1.5 million people) had a power blackout because the wind knocked over power station towers. :wink:

Mate, I think you'll find that was entirely the fault of the renewable energy sector. Senator Malcolm-Iuean: Roberts, the Living Soul rang, and would he lie to me?

I'm actually struggling to remember a power cut since I've lived in Melbourne. They were a semi-regular occurrence when I lived on the outer fringes of the Gold Coast. Whenever there was a proper fuck-off storm we'd lose power, and we'd also be one of the last to have it repaired.

Mate, I think you'll find that was entirely the fault of the renewable energy sector. Senator Malcolm-Iuean: Roberts, the Living Soul rang, and would he lie to me?

That was a day I will never forget. I was fortunate to get home from university before it went down! My mother had to drive in conditions where the traffic lights were off.

It must have been surreal!

I'd have been screwed if it had happened in Melbourne, because all the trams would've been stuck.

My experience was only limited to seeing complete darkness outside and the images on the internet, my mother spoke of driving up into the hills (at points you get to see the entire city in front of you) and seeing absolutely no light aside from the other cars down below. Said it was really something else.

Where I lived for my last few years on the Gold Coast had a view of the entire central coast across Robina to Broadbeach and Surfers. During one particular storm basically the entire area lost power and it was fucking weird looking out across the Coast and not seeing the lights of the towers in the distance, just a few lights winking in the darkness from hospitals and other places with generators.

Hah, just saw your Facebook update. On your way to Chicago?

I must admit Amtrak felt a bit mediocre to me after riding Via Rail in Canada. :lol:

Business class on Via: food and alcohol free, brought to your seat.
Business class on Amtrak: one free coffee (and not even tea!), which you have to go and get, and you have to pay for the worst goddamn train food I've ever eaten

But I did thoroughly enjoy my little Amtrak trek from Kansas City to Chicago anyway.

We're in coach, but we sat in the front row of the car for maximum leg space. I have made an attempt to sleep, but it seems that it's not going to happen for me. The sun will be up soon though, so I'll have the flatlands of Illinois to look at.

I love that when you fly, business class is hilariously more expensive than economy, even though the perks are quite limited unless you're doing an overnight flight. I'd never even dream of flying business. But when you take the train, I've found business class across North America and Europe to be priced quite reasonably and usually with substantial perks. Though in Europe the economy service is better than Amtrak's business offering!

I had the live stream going yesterday. Girlfriend arrives. Mute it for a bit to show some funny videos.

Turn it up for One Tree Hill. Hug at the end of the song. I get a reaction to my beard running across her neck.

Sexy times commence to Exit and continue through MOTD. I had no interest in muting the laptop as I was busy. Talk about a conflicting scenario.

She was having a nap by the bridge in Beautiful Day.

I had the live stream going yesterday. Girlfriend arrives. Mute it for a bit to show some funny videos.

Turn it up for One Tree Hill. Hug at the end of the song. I get a reaction to my beard running across her neck.

Sexy times commence to Exit and continue through MOTD. I had no interest in muting the laptop as I was busy. Talk about a conflicting scenario.

She was having a nap by the bridge in Beautiful Day.

wow that sounds like a great time

I suppose if you have certain... "interests", Exit could work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom