St Mary’s Butts, Reading, England Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So I persuaded my mother to vote in the New Zealand election, the first time she's voted in that country since 1996. :up:

She would've been eligible to get an overseas vote in 1999 and 2002, but we didn't have the Internet at home back then and absent votes were much more difficult to organise anyway. She visited New Zealand last year, so she became eligible again. And now it's as simple as printing off a ballot, ticking the appropriate boxes, and returning a photo of it.

Tonight I ended up down a hole of crazy All Blacks comebacks. If you have any love of sports, here's my gift to you.

First, there's this one, which happened the night of Australia's hung election in 2010. I was absolutely smashed and still awake to watch it live from South Africa. I remember screaming at the shitty feed I was watching on my laptop, unable to believe what I was seeing:

And then there's this, which I struggle to watch even now that I know the result, probably the ultimate get-out-of-jail of all time:

I love that they're both won from 22-17 down as well. This is why I never believe the All Blacks have lost. Like that game in Dunedin a few weeks ago against Australia. Even when the Wallabies scored a late try to reclaim the lead, of course we were going to win, somebody would do something. And my boy Beauden did:

I was feeling nostalgic and took the purity test for the first time in years. My score is hovering around 40 now.

Purity score changes are a nice, euphemistic shorthand for describing what you've been up to lately.

If he had to do everything required to get to zero in exchange for a decade of Adelaide premierships, I bet he'd be on zero by tomorrow.

I'd do a lot of things for a decade of Essendon flags.

I would definitely bomb that parlour just before you arrive, to stop said flag.

Stick a fork in it. And all the other chat threads.

They're done.

:(

Messaging me about wrecking himself on a bike.

Should've posted here, clearly.

But whatever, I will post here too.

I am super busy lately because I am in the middle of my phlebotomy clinicals. I go to the hospital three days a week and I try to stick needles into as many patients as I can. Most of them are very old and hard to get blood out of, so I guess it’s good practice. I actually did get to draw blood on a young person (late 20s/early 30s) today and it was such a comparatively pleasant experience.

"Ur last txt msg" is still going strong

God those game threads are a waste of bandwidth aren't they.

I wonder when my post count will be overtaken and, in 2043 when nobody else uses Interference any more, whoever is the lead poster here will have only ever contributed "socks", "sunny", "the TV in the next room", etc.

But whatever, I will post here too.

I am super busy lately because I am in the middle of my phlebotomy clinicals. I go to the hospital three days a week and I try to stick needles into as many patients as I can. Most of them are very old and hard to get blood out of, so I guess it’s good practice. I actually did get to draw blood on a young person (late 20s/early 30s) today and it was such a comparatively pleasant experience.

Damn old people, always causing problems. First they stop millennials from buying houses, now they won't even give up their blood. :tsk:

I still can't believe I know somebody my age who owns a house.

Even if you do live in Hell for Certain, Kentucky. :wink:

I still can't believe I know somebody my age who owns a house.

Even if you do live in Hell for Certain, Kentucky. :wink:

Well, we own about 25% of the house, and the bank owns the rest. We’ve got the mortgage for the next 28 years, but I really hope we can get it paid off faster than that. They take soooo much in interest.

The only reason we were able to have the down payment is because Jake’s grandmother died and he got some money from her estate.

So I guess another old person dying led to this.

Well, we own about 25% of the house, and the bank owns the rest. We’ve got the mortgage for the next 28 years, but I really hope we can get it paid off faster than that. They take soooo much in interest.

The only reason we were able to have the down payment is because Jake’s grandmother died and he got some money from her estate.

So I guess another old person dying led to this.

To be honest I might have been close to a deposit if I hadn't gone and done all this travel. But I don't want a house in Wollongong anyway and home ownership seems like way too much effort. I'm quite comfortable renting. I'd love to be able to put nails in the wall for hanging frames but that's about it.

When I first read that I thought you said owns a horse

I have known people that own horses, but again, it’s Kentucky.

There’s a park with stables near me that people that live in the city but want to own horses rent out. Every Tuesday morning when I go by on my way to school, there’s a girl right out at the front of the park letting her horse graze. Last week when I went by she must have been listening to music on her phone because she was straight up dancing. Like not just a little bit of swaying, she was getting it on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom