Shuttlecock XXXIII: Is Bono Actually Enrico Palazzo? Discuss.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Morning, GAF.

Wait, this isn't RMT.

Where the hell am I?

It's the afternoon here. Barely.

I'm listening to music and enjoying some college basketball on the television.

Oh, yeah. Chicago's an hour ahead, i forget.

Sounds like an awesome afternoon. I don't have plans yet, looks like washing dishes and cleaning the kitchen for me.

We have a dishwasher, but even with that, you have to scrub everything anyway. Time saver, my ass. But I'm feeling lazy today, so dishwasher it is.

I heart my dishwasher. I had to go a summer without one once. Second worst summer ever. Worst was the Night Stalker summer. Not only did everyone have to keep their windows shut and locked on hot summer nights to prevent that fucking psychopath from mutilating you then killing you, the watermelon crop was contaminated.

i love dishwashers. i got my parents a new one...holy shit, it's been nearly ten years ago now. but the old one we had (which hilariously was only about ten years old then, but i guess it goes to show the builders putting the cheapest one in the house vs. me getting a quality brand and not the economy model) was just ridiculous. i love rice. but i'm pretty good about getting all the grains off before putting a bowl in the dishwasher. i could've gone weeks without having any rice, and still there'd be a couple grains that would then be sitting on top of the cups after it was run. new dishwasher and boom, never happened since.

it was one of those christmas gifts that my mom asked for jokingly and didn't expect me to actually do, but it's benefitted everyone, so why not. better than getting some crap someone uses twice and then sits in the back of a closet collecting dust.

When I was a kid in Omaha, my mom worked SUPER hard and wanted a dishwasher. My dad got her one for an occasion I can't remember. She got home late that evening and it was sitting in the kitchen. (It was one of those you load, then hook up to the sink. This was before built-ins.) She said she sat at the kitchen table and cried she was so happy.

Ours is a portable one, too. It's running now and has saved my feet from an evening of aching. I may go hug the thing.

When I was a kid in Omaha, my mom worked SUPER hard and wanted a dishwasher. My dad got her one for an occasion I can't remember. She got home late that evening and it was sitting in the kitchen. (It was one of those you load, then hook up to the sink. This was before built-ins.) She said she sat at the kitchen table and cried she was so happy.
omg, that's so sweet.

Love that story Martha! Ours rolled thru the kitchen too, and the hose connected to the faucet. I just never wanted to load/unload/wash dishes as a kid.

#somethingsneverchange

Back
Top Bottom