Shuttlecock XXXIII: Is Bono Actually Enrico Palazzo? Discuss.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
There's another Alicia K at work, and we get each other's emails fairly frequently. Annoying.

I spent the weekend in Idaho. It's rare that I go on a trip and feel like I'm "returning to civilization" when I come back to Utah. Thanks, Idaho.

I'm pretty sure Idaho is the most boring place on earth. Wyoming at least has Yellowstone and Jackson Hole and that whole not-existing thing going for them.

The Idaho panhandle (is that what it's called?) is really gorgeous. But yeah, southern Idaho? I got nothin'.

I totally do not understand this whole ZOMG! Shark Week! thing.

When did Shark Week become a thing?

Sharks freak me out. I think I must have watched Jaws one too many times as a kid.

I'd never met someone with the same name as me before, but it's not like my name is super obscure. About 2 years ago, someone joined my company who has the same first name as me, and our last names are very close too. Because of the way our email addresses are set up, she had to have a 2 at the end of her email address, which was super confusing. I got emails for her constantly. She left a few months ago, so that clears things up a lot, thankfully. :)

whoa, really? it's aired on g4. it's a japanese show where guys compete in this insane obstacle course. most of them fail hilariously, which they make fun of. there's also a female version but it's slightly wussy.

Reading the front page of Real Ultimate Power is so weird. It's like taking a trip down memory lane, I wonder how much I heard that quoted (or I myself quoted it) in the early 2000's. Good times.

It used to be a channel dedicated to video games, now they're essentially a Spike left overs channel.

:lol:

Well, that explains why I didn't add it to my "favorites" when setting up my preferences.

My bass player friend at work just asked me if I was interested in singing songs from Under a Blood Red Sky for our next work concert.

Um .........

YES!

:combust:

I totally do not understand this whole ZOMG! Shark Week! thing.

When did Shark Week become a thing?

every day on my way to work, i have to walk past the Discovery building.

and this is what it looks like during Shark Week:

discoverybuilding1.jpg

So sharks kill people and they obstruct people's perfectly nice window views? I mean, the nerve.

My bass player friend at work just asked me if I was interested in singing songs from Under a Blood Red Sky for our next work concert.

Um .........

YES!

:combust:

You have got to request that you get to do the "This song is not a rebel song..." introduction.

He said he wanted to do "side 1" of the album, but damned if I can remember what was actually side 1, since I've only ever had the CD.

I looked on Amazon for help, but that didn't work. I swore Surrender was on the EP, wasn't it? Was it in the original VHS concert but not the EP? He mentioned Surrender, so maybe he's confused, too.

Maybe he has the vinyl. He said it would include SBS but not NYD, and I made a sad face. But I confirmed that I was reasonably certain all the songs on the album were in my range.

Maybe I'll run across the room and climb up onto the sound booth with a big white flag. And get a mullet wig. And those boots.

I'll cross my fingers it actually happens - he's had some grand ideas before that haven't panned out. But I know the guitarist and drummer he has in mind also like U2, so YAY.

Good luck with that, Cori. I would love to play U2 songs in a live performance.

My family returned today. My mother is not happy that I've grown a chin beard.

His mind is blown, now that 27 years later, he just learned that the VHS concert of Red Rocks was not the full show. Ha!

Speaking of which, I still haven't watched the DVD version that came with the reissue.

Thanks martha! He had guessed the first side right, then. I told him I wasn't so keen on doing 11 O'Clock and Party Girl.

Back
Top Bottom