You Tube Woes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Purplereign

Loungeroom Dancing Queen
where I can Breathe . . . and it's Magnificent
Okay . . . techno dino reporting for duties again :)

Am having huge troubles viewing anything posted on You Tube . . . I get a message along the lines of

"A script in this programme is causing adobe to run slowly. If it continues it may cause your computer to become unresponsive. Do you want to abort the script . .. . 'yes' button / 'no' button" . . .

if I hit yes to abort script I can HEAR the video but not see it, if I click no computer shuts me out of browser . . .. happens in both firefox and ie and it is driving me bonkers

if someone posts a video here in interference from you tube, it causes my computer to run a little slower than usual but if I let the posted video buffer all the way through I can watch it :confused:

windows xp operating system, pack 2 (whatever that means :der: :D )

have downloaded latest version of adobe, uninstalled all previous adobes, reinstalled . .. virus scans the works and I'm coming up empty . .. any help at all would be mucho appreciated :)

ta

xx pr

Umm.. have you tried using an anti-spyware yet? I dunno, but your computer might have a spyware running in the background.

yeah I do have an anti virus anti spyware program which so far has picked up nothing :( . . . think I may have to call the computer doctor :)

thanks - gave vimeo a try and it worked beautifully - hurrah :)

I paid $60 for a Vimeo account

I was using Google Video to put up 30 minute programs that I produce.

They quit. So I switched to Vimeo and they do a much better job.

There free service may be all most users would need.

I just wanted to be able to request help and also not have my stuff disappear.

So $60 a year is fair. They also apparently do Hi-Def. I am not doing that, yet.

Heya, technophobe here with a question:

Up until the other day I had no problems with watching vids on Youtube. Now they all run reeeeeeaaaaaaallllllllyyyyyy slowly. If it happened before, I would close out of the net (IE) and disconnect my wireless internet, go back in and it would be OK. Now that solution doesn't work.

I've cleaned up the hard drive, done the 'get rid of the defragmentation' thing, run my antivirus clean up, nothing helps :angry:

Any advice gratefully accepted, thanks!

Heya, technophobe here with a question:

Up until the other day I had no problems with watching vids on Youtube. Now they all run reeeeeeaaaaaaallllllllyyyyyy slowly. If it happened before, I would close out of the net (IE) and disconnect my wireless internet, go back in and it would be OK. Now that solution doesn't work.

I've cleaned up the hard drive, done the 'get rid of the defragmentation' thing, run my antivirus clean up, nothing helps :angry:

Any advice gratefully accepted, thanks!

Sounds like you have a mediocre internet connection, or you're really far from the wireless access point.

I'm in Australia, all our internet is pretty so so. I've got a wireless broadband USB plug in gizmo thingie (I'm real technical, me). It's been fine till now, could watch any number of videos for hours and not a problem. Now it's running about as fast as my old dial up on my previous computer. I'm on a laptop with Windows Vista and IE if any of that is useful :shrug:

Just had a look again this morning, and yes it's only Youtube that's running slow. I'm not over my monthly internet limit.

It's punishment from the God of good taste for watching too many cheesy 70s and 80s music videos.... :sad:

It happened to me last night for some reason. It took like 15 minutes to load a 5 minute video, but my internet was working fine. The next video I watched started out slow so I paused it, came back a minute later and it was fully loaded. :shrug:

It might just be a YouTube issue.

Back
Top Bottom