you tube grabber help?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

eriekittym

Acrobat
I have downloaded you tube grabber. And taken a vedio from you tube with it. But the vedio wont play. Does anyone here know why? Do I need something to change the file in to an MPG? Any help would be appcaited very much. Thank you!!

eriekittym

Sevikins said:
What extension is the youtube file? .FLV? If that's so, there's a way you can use VLC to encode and change to an MPEG.

Yes its a FLV file I well look for a VLC to encode and change to MP3. Thanks!

eriekittym

http://www.videolan.org/vlc/

That's where you can go to download VLC player.

Just go to: FILE > WIZARD > TRANSCODE/SAVE TO FILE > CHOOSE > BROWSE > (Check both) TRANSCODE VIDEO (WMV 1 on the dropdown menu), and TRANSCODE AUDIO (MP3 on the dropdown menu) > MPEG TS > Where is says "File to save to", you can click Choose and give it a specific file name or whatnot, and then it should do its thing and you'll have a file with that name on your desktop or wherever you saved it to, right click, just go to "rename" and add avi to the end, and there you go!

Hopefully it works for you! :)
The settings that I used above I got from a FLV tutorial... so if the quality isn't satisfactory, then you could experiment w/the other settings or whatnot... but so far, what I watched on youtube and then ripped/converted to avi, it looks the same in quality.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom