WordPress.Org Issues

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pearl

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
I've been trying to get a website started on WordPress.org.

All weekend, I've been having difficulties installing a theme, I kept getting errors.

Now, when I try to log into the wp-admin, I can't get in! All get is the following:

Warning: include_once(/home7/royalty3/public_html/wp-content/plugins/ethnic-purple/) [function.include-once]: failed to open stream: Success in /home7/royalty3/public_html/wp-settings.php on line 473

Warning: include_once() [function.include]: Failed opening '/home7/royalty3/public_html/wp-content/plugins/ethnic-purple/' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home7/royalty3/public_html/wp-settings.php on line 473

Warning: include_once(/home7/royalty3/public_html/wp-content/plugins/fusion/) [function.include-once]: failed to open stream: Success in /home7/royalty3/public_html/wp-settings.php on line 473

Warning: include_once() [function.include]: Failed opening '/home7/royalty3/public_html/wp-content/plugins/fusion/' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home7/royalty3/public_html/wp-settings.php on line 473

Warning: include_once(/home7/royalty3/public_html/wp-content/plugins/inove/) [function.include-once]: failed to open stream: Success in /home7/royalty3/public_html/wp-settings.php on line 473

Warning: include_once() [function.include]: Failed opening '/home7/royalty3/public_html/wp-content/plugins/inove/' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home7/royalty3/public_html/wp-settings.php on line 473

Warning: include_once(/home7/royalty3/public_html/wp-content/plugins/wordpress/) [function.include-once]: failed to open stream: Success in /home7/royalty3/public_html/wp-settings.php on line 473

Warning: include_once() [function.include]: Failed opening '/home7/royalty3/public_html/wp-content/plugins/wordpress/' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home7/royalty3/public_html/wp-settings.php on line 473

Basically, its a long list of my theme errors.

How do I get back into wp-admin? I've been asking in the WP.org forums, but no one is helping me. Does anyone have any idea here?

Any help would be much appreciated.

I don't have an answer for this question, but I was wondering if you had any suggestions for books that would be useful guides for a Wordpress newbie? Looking to start a website soon and I can use all the help I can get!

clarity if you are open to other options, I use NucleusCMS which is very similar (in fact I think many of the skins are the same) and it has been very easy for me to install and use. I'd never done any PHP or MySQL before but their documentation took me through step by step and when I wanted to customize something I did know how, the people on the forum gave me the code.

For that, I go way simpler and use CSS templates. At least for most of the stuff I do there's no need for the MySQL on the back end. There's good free ones out there so I rarely make my own. Check freecsstemplates.org or free-css-templates.com. The first one has many of the exact same skins as WP and Nucleus. Many do appear very blog-ish but I just remove the extra columns and simplify it a bit.

For example, the link in my sig below:

Do you think that Nucleus is easier to use than WP or are they about the same? My site is going to be music based, and I'd need to be able to incorporate things like a music player and things like that. Along the these lines, but probably not as bloggish: Who is Jon Black

Back
Top Bottom