Wireless Connections

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

one4u2

ONE love, blood, life
I use a wireless laptop and all of a sudden I lost all network connections. I am plugged into my router right now and I haven't been able to get anything for 2 days. The other laptop in my house works no problem, not mine. Even the WEP code doesn't work and says something about my computer configuration :mad: I am going insane any help would be much appreciated :crack:

If other computers work fine on the network, I'd reinstall the wireless device on the non-working laptop for starters. Use the driver disc it came with or download the driver from the manufacturer's website. If you have a PC you go into Control Panel > System > Device Manager > right click on the card and "uninstall" it. Then, restart and reinstall the drivers.

I tried to run the program and it says a newer version is already installed and has to be removed before running??

All you really need is a driver. In my experience, any programs or software that come with wireless cards just get in the way. I just install the device itself via the driver and use the Windows settings (Control Panel > Network > Wireless Connection) to configure a connection.

On your F- keys there's usually one for wireless. It's different for each brand/model of computer though. Some laptops also have a hardware switch. Mine is on the front of my computer on the left and it's a little slider.

Sometimes, it says it's switched off, but really it's the service not running.

Go to Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Services

Scroll down and find Windows Zero Configuration. It should be started/running. If not, right click on it and select Start. Then, right click on it again, go to Properties, and make sure it's set to Automatic so that it starts on its own.

So now while using the laptop through the router it kept going into hibernation mode. I kept hitting power to intercept it and it made some sort of popping noise and I can't even turn the thing on! :scream: :angry: Please tell me the computer is not completely dead :mad:

Back
Top Bottom