Why am I slowly being kicked off the internet?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

snowbunny00774

ONE love, blood, life
Why am I slowly being kicked off the internet?

So I regularly visit two other sites. A couple of days ago I went to go to one and it said it was down – which has happened before so I didn’t think anything of it. I tried to visit again yesterday and it was still down. I mentioned this to a friend who also visits the same site and she said there was no problem with it. I tried to access from my home on both my home and work laptops and no dice. This morning I tried to visit the other site I go to and can’t get it to show either. This was from home on my home laptop. When I got to work I tried my work laptop and I still can’t get to it.

So two different laptops, two locations – any theories?

hmm....do you share/download a lot of music illegally? i've heard that instead of lawsuits, the RIAA is having ISP Providers slow down their users' internet connections.

Try clearing your temporary internet files, history and cookies from the offending computers. Sometimes you get a sort of 'logjam' effect and they just need a good clear out.

Also make sure your system is clean - run a full antivirus scan, plus scans with two reputable anti-spyware programs such as Spybot S&D, Ad-Aware SE, Malwarebytes, etc. Nasties can really interfere with your connection.

Edit: I should point out that if you use a USB drive between computers, it's possible to spread the same infection that way.

And, if you have a login at those sites, ask the admins to re-set your account? Something might have got corrupted, though it's almost impossible for that to happen with two sites at once.

Teddy

You could try to contact the site admin, to see if you've been blocked by them for some reason.

I sometimes have problems with specific sites. Ive never been able to find out why. :shrug:

some sites will block access if using IE8 - I have seen this but cannot confirm though...i guess the browser <> server handshake ain't happening.

some sites will block access if using IE8 - I have seen this but cannot confirm though...i guess the browser <> server handshake ain't happening.

I haven't updated my browser - would IE update to that itself? I tried ninjacloak last night and was able to get on there - so its definitely a block of some kind...the admin said it wasn't intentional and it turns out I'm not the only one, a couple of other people had it happen too and were able to get on with ninja.

I turned off my modem and router last night hoping that would help but nothing - maybe it's this IE8 thing - how do I tell if that's my browser version?

Back
Top Bottom