Who's bying the iPhone?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fca780

Acrobat
Where you live should not decide, Whether you live
mainimage-1.jpg

June 29th at 6:00 PM (local time) the iPhone will be released! I'm so excited...though there are no specs about the AT&T contract (Apple eliminated from the ads the line that said: "2-year contract minimun")
and besides, today...
"Apple® today announced that iPhone™ will deliver significantly longer battery life when it ships on June 29 than was originally estimated when iPhone was unveiled in January. iPhone will feature up to 8 hours of talk time, 6 hours of Internet use, 7 hours of video playback or 24 hours of audio playback.* In addition, iPhone will feature up to 250 hours—more than 10 days—of standby time. Apple also announced that the entire top surface of iPhone, including its stunning 3.5-inch display, has been upgraded from plastic to optical-quality glass to achieve a superior level of scratch resistance and optical clarity." (Apple's PR)
batterylifechart.jpg
competitivedatachart2.jpg

So...who's buying the iPhone and "go ahead 5 years in the cell phone/mp3 player world"??
-FCA

Meh.....as much of anApple fangirl I am.... I don't wanna start an expensive 2 yr contract with Cingular just to get it. No iPhone for me. :sigh:

We need a new iMac anyway, rather put the money towards that.

I'd love one, but I'm also in contract w/another cellular provider. I also don't want to spend that much on a phone, but a part of me definitely wants to get sucked into the hype and head to the Apple Store as soon as they're out!

As much as I love Apple products, I'm far too cheap to buy a $600 phone. And, I'm not with Cingular/AT&T.

On the new specs, there's no way it will truly get 250 hours of standby time. My Razr claims 300 hours of standby, and I'm still charging it every 2 days or so (and I don't text message, use the internet, etc., it's used for phone purposes only). I'd love to play with an iPhone, and I might buy one down the road once the price comes down (hopefully that will happen).

I was thinking, if the phone is a touch screen.....when you hold it up to your ear to listen, would that touch it and start a dif command?...:hmm:

I would gotta think it has a Hold button like the iPod or it locks itself out.

RedrocksU2 said:
I was thinking, if the phone is a touch screen.....when you hold it up to your ear to listen, would that touch it and start a dif command?...:hmm:

I saw a Keynote Address on the iPhone from Apple and it says that the touch screen senses the difference between fingers and an entire cheek as it were. It "knows" when it's changing from being a touchpad to a phone.

What they can do with technology now!

I want an iPhone, but I just got my provider a year ago and I still have a year on the contract. Maybe once it's done I will switch to at&t. My friend Eric is ordering the phone and switching to at&t when he moves back to Chicago in July. :D He and I are big Mac people. (he had an iBook and he got me hooked) Now I have a Macbook and he is looking to buy one, too.

As for the iPhone, I think it's amazing! But pricey at this point for normal people. I suppose doing all that with a phone is not normal, but it's a novelty and it's sexy...so people are going to line up for it.

I don't like getting a 1st generation of anything.

Besides, I'll wait until I can get my employer to cough up the $ for it.

my friend said that he was going to order one, but they said it would ship within 2 to 4 weeks beacause of the backup already for them. he is going to wait until he goes back to chicago...where he can buy one in person. some people waited for days outside the place so they could get one. that's kind of bizarre considering it's going to be here a while. it's not like limited time only. plus, it can only get better with age, considering the kinks to work out. even if it's seemingly perfect...so was the iPod 1st generation. Now look: we have come so far with just that. i know the iPhone seems to have it all, but gosh those apple people improve on the most perfect creations. I would love to have an iphone, but i can wait until i have the money and the plan and after the initial hype has died down.

Btw, how much music does the iphone hold? That's what I wanna know. Will all iPods become obsolete now?? Or will certain iPods still hold more music than the iPhone? :crazy: :wink:

I still haven't buckled in for an ipod. Except I hate changing CDs constantly for my car. But is there a reliable way to play your ipod in the car? I know you can tune into a radio freq but sometimes you get static, right?

If you use an RF Modulator, yes you rely on the signal from that radio station that you select. I do not like that method.
I believe you have a Mazda, right Zoot?......and it prob has a cd instead of a cassette player. If it had a cassette player, you could buy a tape adaptor for about $10 and this connects directly to the iPod, it uses a cable that connects both.

I just purchased an Alpine unit that has the ability to connect the iPod directly, thus, allowing you to use a remote control or the buttons on the in-dash unit you install.

Now, if the factory radio in your car has an "AUX" input (Looks like a headphone jack)....just but a "Mini to Mini" cable, and you are set.

yeah those FM trasmitters are sometimes sucky, depending on if you live in an area where there are are a lot of different frequencies. I think they are not recommended for cities. However, there is a little casette you can buy that has a cord attached to it. You just put it in your casette holder (if your car still has one...some of the new ones don't) and there is a cord and you just plug the cord into your iPod's headphone jack and it plays the music. Sometimes those FM transmitters are $$ unless you get them off amazon or ebay. And the casette things are less expensive.
I had one FM transmitter that I loved. It charged my iPod while I listened so that the battery was not drained. But, something happened to it. It charges my iPod in the car now, but it will not play music. There must be a short in the cord.:shrug:

Back
Top Bottom