Who's bying the iPhone?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yeah Carlos, I have a 2006 Mazda3. :) Now I wish I had a cassette player in my car cos it seems like the best & cheapest way to play an iPod. Thank you guys, for the suggestions! :dancing:

PS: That Alpine unit sounds pretty cool!

:)
YW, Zoot.

Btw, for anyone thinking of changing their stock car stereo, there are great deals out there; Best Buy and other retailers have CD Car stereos with that AUX input for $99 installed.
That is a very good deal.

Zootlesque said:
Yeah Carlos, I have a 2006 Mazda3. :) Now I wish I had a cassette player in my car cos it seems like the best & cheapest way to play an iPod. Thank you guys, for the suggestions! :dancing:

PS: That Alpine unit sounds pretty cool!

Here it is;

cda-9852.jpg

:wink:

eBay baby!

Retails for $199+$30 for the ipod connector

eBay price=$149 for both.:up:

It arrived two days ago, clean!

Ebay! :bow:

RedrocksU2 said:
I just purchased an Alpine unit that has the ability to connect the iPod directly, thus, allowing you to use a remote control or the buttons on the in-dash unit you install.

So does that mean you installed it yourself on your dashboard?

Don't be jealous of the early-adopters. Whatever hilarious bugs crop up will be gone by the second hardware revision. And second-generation buyers will pay less :lol:

I've had it less than 24 hours but this is a beautiful little machine. It is by far the best technology product that I have used in my lifetime.

- The touch screen is amazing.
Simple, simple, simple and works like a dream.

- The phone itself works wonderfully well

- Instant access to specific voice mail messages is fantastic

- Texting is done in little bubbles...makes it more fun

- Email is so, SO easy and is always just there in a nano-second. This in itself makes it worth it to me.

- Google maps. Beautiful and convienient

- YouTube. Sounds great but looks a little grainy (this will improve).

- Internet. Could be a little faster but this too will get there. Stock updates look great....as do weather reports, and world clocks

- Photos look gorgeous as do video downloads from iTunes. The interface movement from horizontal to vertical is seamless

- Music. Wow. Love the album art. It's like flipping through albums at an old music store

I can't wait to see how future generations of the product evolve.

Steve Jobs has done it again.

:bow:

I imagine they'll make a nano version of it which will not have the blackberry features. Most people do not need to have 24 hr access to e-mail nor can they afford to pay for the really expensive plans (upwards of $75/month). So I figure they'll have an iPhone that's just a phone (+ iPod) which will be much smaller and then the regular iPhone. Which will get better with new generations.

Since I'll be working somewhere I'll get a tech budget, I'll just get an iPhone instead of the Blackberry. It's really only $100 or so more expensive than the high-ends. But I'm willing to wait a year or two for 2nd gen.

Canadiens1160 said:
Don't be jealous of the early-adopters. Whatever hilarious bugs crop up will be gone by the second hardware revision. And second-generation buyers will pay less :lol:

I'm sure bugs (which are like none) are going to be solved with free software updates, NOT hardware updates. :)

anitram said:
I imagine they'll make a nano version of it which will not have the blackberry features. Most people do not need to have 24 hr access to e-mail nor can they afford to pay for the really expensive plans (upwards of $75/month). So I figure they'll have an iPhone that's just a phone (+ iPod) which will be much smaller and then the regular iPhone. Which will get better with new generations.

Since I'll be working somewhere I'll get a tech budget, I'll just get an iPhone instead of the Blackberry. It's really only $100 or so more expensive than the high-ends. But I'm willing to wait a year or two for 2nd gen.

I'm sure that won't happen, Steve Jobs at D5 or in an interview recently said that this is not the case. Though I think a widescreen iPod only (as 6th gen) can exist and be tested in Cupertino now...

Westport said:
Wow, Interference runs very well on the new Iphone.:)
lol! I hate you...:) and admire you...

God I love that thing! I can't wait to see my friend's when he gets it this Friday! :) I will just want to steal it and not give it back :p I will make tons of calls on it. at&t sent his family RAZRs in the meantime while the iPhone was being ordered. That's nice, considering they already have cell phones, but I suppose if you are a good customer, you receive free stuff. :) cool

fca780 said:

I'm sure that won't happen, Steve Jobs at D5 or in an interview recently said that this is not the case. Though I think a widescreen iPod only (as 6th gen) can exist and be tested in Cupertino now...

But unless the prices of plans go down, it's always going to stay out of reach of a large segment of the public. I mean, we're talking about Blackberry-like monthly plans here - why would somebody who just needs a cell phone shell out that much money for a plan they don't really need?

I'm not so sure we won't see something in the future like an iPod/nano kind of set up, regardless of what Jobs claims at the moment.

I would buy the iPhone even though it's expensive and the plans are a lot. The plan on my cell now is the same as the iPhone's individual monthly plan, but it includes a lot more.

Sloane Peterson said:
I would buy the iPhone even though it's expensive and the plans are a lot. The plan on my cell now is the same as the iPhone's individual monthly plan, but it includes a lot more.

But you are just...you. I work in IT, I fix Mac products on a daily basis, and neither I nor anyone I know or work with is considering dropping $500 on a phone/crappy iPod. Sure everyone wants one, but you can get a better iPod, a really nice cell phone, and far cheaper monthly plans for less.

Liesje said:

But you are just...you. I work in IT, I fix Mac products on a daily basis, and neither I nor anyone I know or work with is considering dropping $500 on a phone/crappy iPod. Sure everyone wants one, but you can get a better iPod, a really nice cell phone, and far cheaper monthly plans for less.

You work in it? What do you mean? Ok well, don't buy it then. Who says you have to? If you don't want anything you don't have to buy it, but tons of other people will, so it won't matter. I just know it's like any other novelty item, especially from Apple. They sell like no other.

Back
Top Bottom