Which pair of noise-cancelling headphones should I get?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

namkcuR

ONE love, blood, life
So, my main Christmas present is going to be a good, high-ish end pair of noise-cancelling headphones, but I can't decide which one. I've been reading reviews for months and in particular the last few weeks, and I'm having a hard time picking one. I've got it narrowed down to two:

Bose QuietComfort 15

OR

Sennheiser PXC-450

I've read countless reviews on Amazon.com, but I just can't decide. The Bose looks sleeker and apparently has better noise-cancelling functionality, but a good number say the Sennheiser has better sound quality. I've read that both are quite comfortable. I could try on the Bose at my local Best Buy(and in fact I have, but it was months ago and not for that long, and I could only listen to source it was connected to, I couldn't connect it to an ipod or anything), but there's nowhere I could try the Sennheiser on at.

Other ones I've been looking closely at are the Audio Technica ATH-ANC7B and the Bose QuietComfort 3.

I'm looking for a combination of high sound quality, comfort, portability/compactness, and good noise-cancellation.

Any advice/help you could give me would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

have you thought of Earphones? For the Headphones I would go with Sennheiser they build quality headphones. If you decide to go with Earphones, then I would go with Shure. The best Earphones ever, hell even better than headphones. It blocks out all noise with out using any batteries. Well worth the price.

i went with bose (not noise canceling, because the extra cost didn't justify how rarely i'd want to have noise canceling headphones) and i'm very happy.

i have used friend's sennheiser headphones and was equally impressed.

really it's six one way, half dozen the other.

I have a pair of Sennheiser HD 202, they block outside noise pretty decently and they're a great product for it's low cost, although I want to try out the HD 457.

I don't really know much about Bose headphones, oher than Bose being a great brand for home theaters, etc. But I haven't tried their headphones for long peiods of time, I guess they're pretty good but they're expensive aswell.

I've never owned Bose or Sennheiser anything, so don't take this as personal experience. However, what I generally surmise from the audiophile community is that Sennheiser makes the best products, and Bose just jams highs and lows towards the center for "quality".

Back
Top Bottom