Where are my itunes on my computer?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

WildHoneyAlways

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
Okay, where are all the songs in my itunes library saved? I'm trying to make a ringtone and I need to upload a song. When I go to my music > itunes > itunes music there is nothing there. :angry: There are some empty folders though. gah.

This is where i got the idea to look:
wl3vic.jpg

all the folders are empty? what are the folders called?

has the "copy files to itunes music folder when adding to library" box always been checked?

you could also search the computer for the song name and see where it shows the file. (that is if the search on ms windows actually finds stuff for you :shrug: )

other than that i dunno.

WildHoneyAlways said:
I tried search. I shows me where the file is supposed to be. It even gives me the icon to click on. The thing is, when I go to open the folders no songs are in them. :sad:

This happened to me recently and happens fairly often :madwife:

the last time somehow the folders ended up on my desktop and I SWEAR I didn't move them but they were there:huh:

Are you getting the gray apostrophe next to the songs?

Okay, I can find the files through my music but they are not there when i go to upload them. how friggin wierd.

Is there anyway I can change where itunes saves my files? (like to "my downloads" for instance?)

For the songs I uploaded from CDs myself, I go into My Documents, then My Music, then iTunes, then iTunes music. I'm not sure where the other songs are, though.

Maybe it would be quicker just to re-upload the song and save it to your desktop to make your ringtone? :shrug:

Back
Top Bottom