Video Game thread XIV ²: No Prequels Club

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Only had enough time to get to the raffle scene in Bioshock. Wow. Great game. So far the city alone makes the game. I really enjoyed using that spinny weapon. Lol.

I don't suppose you guys have caught any of the musical covers in Infinite yet? I've noticed a few so far.

the quartet doing God Only Knows was really excellent

I've been playing the shit out of Bioshock Infinite for the past few days. I'm pretty far. All I have to say is HOLY SHIT. this game is fucking awesome. I have no problem saying it's far better than the original Bioshock

I really love this game. Absolutely love spawning crows on my enemies. I'm a little past rescuing Elizabeth. That whole scene was so intense.

Ordered Infinite today, didn't know the PS3 version came with the original Bioshock. Cool. I bought the original on a Steam sale for $5 when I had a PC, but only played like 5 minutes or so.

Value!

Have any of you fools beat Infinite yet? I wanna talk a out how awesome it was

Please do so with spoilers (and preface what's in the spoiler before the spoiler, so people don't open it thinking it's a humorous joke and then get spoiled).

I was going to wait on the game, but I may have to get it now after reading many plot points were based on Mormon history / concepts.

spoilerz

I was going to wait on the game, but I may have to get it now after reading many plot points were based on Mormon history / concepts.

Indeed they were. As much as I loved the first bioshock, everything about this one is better. The world the game exists in is probably my favourite of any game.

And the soundtrack is amazing too. The main theme when you first enter Columbia is gorgeous

I'll probably pick it up this week.

Did you ever play the second game? I have had it for years, but have yet to play it.

I did. It was good, but mostly more of the same. It didn't have that element of mystery and discovery that the first one had.

I honestly don't even remember the plot points of the first one at this point, just the general concepts. I know Infinite is its own game, but is there anything that ties the two together? No need to directly answer if it's a spoiler.

Completely different game except the concept of plasmids and eve (called vigors and salts in Infinite)

Disney, which acquired Lucasfilm and LucasArts last year in a $4.05 billion acquisition, has shut down the legendary LucasArts division.

"After evaluating our position in the games market, we've decided to shift LucasArts from an internal development to a licensing model, minimizing the company's risk while achieving a broader portfolio of quality Star Wars games," Disney informed Game Informer in a statement. "As a result of this change, we've had layoffs across the organization. We are incredibly appreciative and proud of the talented teams who have been developing our new titles."

Although a Star Wars game factory in recent years, the publisher will be remembered for its work in defining the adventure genre from the '80s to the '90s on such titles as Maniac Mansion, The Secret of Monkey Island, Grim Fandango and Day of the Tentacle.

Disney closes LucasArts | Joystiq

Just finished playing the first Bioshock again (My gf wanted to watch... no idea how I convinced her to do that. I put it on easy so we could blow through it). I forgot how horrible the ending is.

Ya, but they're both equally unsatisfying. Like 30 seconds of a prerendered cut scene and nothing more

Thank you to whatever mod added the spoiler tags :up: Didn't want the ending to be ruined for anybody

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom