Video Game thread XIV ²: No Prequels Club

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If the price is an issue, wait for a month or so, should be $20 less (as Tomb Raider is now). The big retailers seem to always have short sales to unload excess inventory about a month to a month and a half after release around the $40 point.

Click on them to see the full sized image....

crashsite_1920x1080tycoz.jpg

close_1920x1080ube3l.jpg

construction_1p_1920xu9uqk.jpg

eek.gif

hey if anyone has Steam, I got a copy of the first Bioshock and the recent XCOM free with my Bioshock Infinite preorder, but I already have both games, if anyone wants either let me know.

I haven't played Bioshock 1 or 2 but with all the hype for Infinite, I'd love to get started. I've got Steam so yeah, if you're offering, thanks a bunch.

Just want Bioshock? Is your steam name the same as here or otherwise?

Yeah just bioshock, my laptop is in the shop and I don't want to overload bono_212's with a bunch of my games. Great of you to offer though, thanks again.

My steam name is Traviud

hmm might be easier if you add me (Riverseo) as I can't seem to find you on Steam, and Bono do you guys have the same account or do you have your own which you would like to get XCOM on?

Might be the morning when you guys get the games as i'm off to bed now, but if you can find me and add me they will be sent.

hmm might be easier if you add me (Riverseo) as I can't seem to find you on Steam, and Bono do you guys have the same account or do you have your own which you would like to get XCOM on?

Might be the morning when you guys get the games as i'm off to bed now, but if you can find me and add me they will be sent.

Thanks LJT, greatly appreciated. Yeah, they'll be on the same account please. I'll try and find you in a bit :)

Added. :up:

Re: Battlefield 4, I'm a cynical bastard when it comes to next gen graphical improvements, but that is an impressive jump.

No probs XCOM is well good, especially with getting attached to your soldiers through what you name them, I find it best played Iron man mode, single save and permanent death, makes you really feel your losses.

Played a good bit of Bioshock Infinite today and it really is brilliant. Elizabeth is already a great character who makes you think about your actions, it is also great fun watching people get ripped apart by crows:wink:

It seems a good study on American exceptionalism, the blasé way most people are racist in it, you get the urge to correct them but you can't. I would be interested in hearing the thoughts of an African American on the game, some of it would probably be uncomfortable viewing. Plus I have yet to come across a major black character though I have an inkling there is one from just some of the recorded messages lying around. At least Booker isn't there to save the black people as such but the whole racism is a major subtext and I would be disappointed if the black characters in the game aren't given more screen time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom