Video Game thread II: Super Scumbo Bros

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mines not working. I hope you don't expect me to blow into super scumbo bros' slot

I've just played the Killzone 3 demo a while and I'm completely sold. It took a while to get used to after playing Black Ops the last few months because the guns feel a lot heavier and are more difficult to handle but after a while it started to become really fun. I'm certainly buying it.

Bad Company 3 will be released in the fall :hyper:

No gameplay videos yet, but there will be adding jets the the vehicle list and also the ability to go prone in MP :up::up:

I think it's Battlefield 3 actually, not Bad Company 3. They're probably going to confuse a lot of people with that. I think initially they introduced Bad Company to cater towards the console crowd and add a campaign, but it looks like Battlefield 3 is supposed to have a campaign too, so I'm sure many people will buy it and have no clue why the story is nothing like the last game. Sounds like console is sorta getting a gimped version, unfortunately. 24 player matches, vs. the 64 player matches on PC. Bums me out, it's too bad MAG didn't get more support so developers would realize they can't use "console limitations" as an excuse for small player counts, as it obviously works perfectly with 256 players on MAG. Regardless, I look fotward to watching JT kamikaze a jet fighter into a building I'm attempting to hide in.

Finished Vanquish this last weekend. It was a lot of fun. If you can ever find it at a bargain or sale price, it's worth checking into. The story had classic Japanese unintentional humor all over the place.

I guess the first one, I'm just curious to what kind of RPG it is

Have you played any of the other recent Bioware RPGs (Knights of the Old Republic, Jade Empire)? The first was very similar to those in regards to design, but with a little more freedom to play it in the order you like. The second was refined to feel much more accessible to people not accustomed to RPGs. The first is only available on 360 and PC, the second is on those and PS3 now.

I keep hearing great things about Vanquish, if I see it cheap I will pick it up

I'm back playing Fallout 3 again. I got the game of the year edition for Christmas, just made it to Point Lookout and found those Swampfolk who look like they are straight out of Deliverance.

Battlefield 3 :drool: Looking forward to that for sure

I think it's Battlefield 3 actually, not Bad Company 3.

I realized that after posting. In the comments section of IGN (which I sure as hell dont post at) the PC fanboys were overcompensating for their inferiority complexes and making sure everyone knew how much the console versions suck. I can't imagine what it must be like to live that way.

As far as the no 64 players on consoles, I'm okay with that. It always seems like such a shit show when you get that many people. My only experiences were with the MAG demo (not bad) and Resistance 2 (horrible MP), but I like the more open, stay alive for longer type multiplayer anyway

My only concerns are that some of these maps are actually designed initially for that many players, so it could make the console versions feel empty. For example, a lot of times Battlefield 1943 felt like a ghost town if you were on part of the map that no one else was around, which was sad. Lots of completely unused areas, and left out vehicles (I guess full sized controllable battleships were in the original), etc. If the maps are intended for 24 people, no issues at all. I just hope we don't get empty feeling maps, or weird maps that are downsized or something.

No clue if it's a "today only" type deal or not, but Dead Space 2 is $42 on Amazon right now.

Speaking of which, I had a sick day on Tuesday and played a good amount of it. Lots of fun. I'll likely do a second (maybe even third) play through, which is saying a lot for this kind of game.

I've been whoring up Bad Company 2 a lot these days. Remember how I said I got 400 and some odd points for a super long headshot snipe the other week? Well I topped it 2 days ago. Same map. 500 points for the headshot. I'm pretty bad ass, you guys

Haha, that's awesome. I'll have to play with you again soon, sounds fun.

Mario Kart 64 was voted (or studied, idk) to be the best video game for male bonding.

I would absolutely agree with that. I spent countless hours playing that with mates before I turned 18.

Goldeneye also made the list... I always chose Oddjob.

I used to play Goldeneye with my brother and my cousin. That was pretty much all we did in the summer for a few years, besides StarFox 64. That was another good one. :yes:

Have you heard that hip-hop album with all the music from Goldeneye? It's some kind of remix-mashup thing, but I don't remember who did it. My brother has it on his iTunes and it sounds pretty cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom