Video Game thread II: Super Scumbo Bros

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Who's getting Battlefield 3 instead of COD MW3 or viceversa?
One game lets me drive a tank through a wall or crash into you with a jet. The other has kill streaks.

Let me think about that for a------BF3, motherfucker.

Still MW3 for this cool cat.

And believe it or not... MW2 actually for the first time in COD history actually has me very excited to play the single player campaign.

Unlike the shit that was Black Ops.

I wish I could afford both. Keep in mind, the grand daddy of them all, Elder Scrolls V, has been 1st in line for 5.5 years. I can't believe the first time I played that game I was like... 13.

Walmart's selling bundle packs of Arkham City and Arkham Asylum GOTY for 60 bucks. Like other new copies, it comes with the Catwoman DLC code as well.

Augmented Reality training will be the death of me.

Who's getting Battlefield 3 instead of COD MW3 or viceversa?

I will get both, but Battlefield first. I'll spring for MW3 next year. I'm still working on my Black Ops stats like a fiend. (Plus I enjoy the satisfaction of watching these tough guys get their ass handed to them by a girl.) :wink:

Both, but man, COD looks so freaking awful campaign wise. Then again, no surprise since they're bringing back the absolutely atrocious story from MW2 with the absolutely ancient COD engine. It's pretty sad when they cant even make trailers look remotely interesting or exciting at this point.

Hyrule Total War - Intro Cinematic - YouTube

Thought this was fairly cool if your a Zelda/Total War fan.

Skyward Sword has been reviewed by Edge and they've given it 10/10 which I think they've only given to 13 other games, and are usually quite a fair but hard judge of games. It's one of the few games to make me consider picking up a cheap wii just to play.

Both, but man, COD looks so freaking awful campaign wise. Then again, no surprise since they're bringing back the absolutely atrocious story from MW2 with the absolutely ancient COD engine. It's pretty sad when they cant even make trailers look remotely interesting or exciting at this point.
True, but the multiplayer will be fun so I don't mind. I might not even play the campaign as I hated the MW2 one.

Well, considering the team that handled MW2's mess of a launch mutliplayer wise is back, even that's has room for concern. :wink:

Good golly on Uncharted 3 review scores.

I've got a major backlog right now. Haven't finished Rage, Dark Souls, Batman, or my second play through of Gears. Every time i turn a console on, I just want to play horde mode on Gears 3. Adding new games to the queue every week for the next month isn't going to help. Have Battlefield, Uncharted, COD, Skyrim, and Halo coming. Probably be getting Kinect Sports 2 as well. Ridiculous, I know I'm not going to be able to play any of these as much as I want.

We differ incredibly here...

LJT said:
Hyrule Total War - Intro Cinematic - YouTube

Thought this was fairly cool if your a Zelda/Total War fan.

Skyward Sword has been reviewed by Edge and they've given it 10/10 which I think they've only given to 13 other games, and are usually quite a fair but hard judge of games. It's one of the few games to make me consider picking up a cheap wii just to play.

I can't even believe how "meh" I feel about this release, unfortunately. Every video I've seen looks good, but nothing feels very new. Plus, the word "backstory" these days turns me off faster than anything thanks to all these shitty movies people like Burton have been releasing.

Haven't been able to watch this video yet, though, won't load right on my phone.

I've got a major backlog right now. Haven't finished Rage, Dark Souls, Batman, or my second play through of Gears. Every time i turn a console on, I just want to play horde mode on Gears 3. Adding new games to the queue every week for the next month isn't going to help. Have Battlefield, Uncharted, COD, Skyrim, and Halo coming. Probably be getting Kinect Sports 2 as well. Ridiculous, I know I'm not going to be able to play any of these as much as I want.
I have heard that Salt Lake City is one of the few cities nationwide that have the most beautiful women.
Correct me if I am wrong, but you have another gold mine in there besides getting ahead on your backlog.

I am just holding out on the inevitable Uncharted trilogy discount bundle thingie that will appear in a year or two.

Untitled-10.jpg

:dance::dance::dance::dance::dance:

the timing... right before the christmas shopping season... is a little strange. usually do that when you want to release it for, ya know, christmas...

i don't think for a second that they've been sitting on this without details leaking and plan on dropping it to us before the end of this year... fully expect a mid to late spring release... but wouldn't that be one hell of a surprise.

I'm assuming they're announcing it in November to get preorder sales over the holidays. Douchebags.

It would definitely be pretty awesome if it was actually coming incredibly soon though. After how good Red Dead Redemption was, they have a lot to live up to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom