Video Game thread II: Super Scumbo Bros

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have no idea what you guys are talking about.

JT, will you have KZ3 tomorrow?

Ya, I'll probably pick it up tomorrow afternoon. I just hope there isnt much to load on the hard drive because I havent dealt with that yet

Ya, I'll probably pick it up tomorrow afternoon. I just hope there isnt much to load on the hard drive because I havent dealt with that yet

My copy just arrived, and I'm going to be late for work...

No install required, 36 mb patch on starting though. If you preordered, you get access to the Retro map pack (redone maps from KZ2), which is 350 mb.

So what do you think, mofo?

I'll spoiler my thoughts so I don't ruin it for anyone

I've only really played the campaign mode, since the MP wasn't very stable tonight. I assume it's just because there are so many people on the servers today. Single player is fun though. I got a little more into it as the game went on, but like KZ2, it feels like somethings missing. Or that it's sort of a patchwork of ideas that never really gels. I think the main problem is that it seems like they really need to hire people for the story. The pacing of it is sort of horrible and it's filled with tired cliches. (the scene near the beginning when their vehicle was teetering on the edge of the cliff felt like some bad buddy comedy and them both screaming 'woooooaaahhh' in unison as it went over didn't help much either. The voice acting in general is pretty bad. But I am having fun when there is actual gameplay. It doesn't feel as weighty as the second one did, which is cool. The vehicles Ive driven so far are pretty cool. Those crazy turret mounted hellfire missle things are awesome. So ya, it's fun, but the lame story ruins it for me a bit. Instead of being immersed in it, I'm thinking about how unqualified the people writing it must have been.
Hopefully multiplayer is fun. Seemed alright from the few matches I was able to join. I still like the more tactical multiplayer shooters though, so I imagine I'll probably go back to BC2 at some point. Who knows though, maybe this one will turn out to be addictive

So what do you think, mofo?

I'll spoiler my thoughts so I don't ruin it for anyone

I've only really played the campaign mode, since the MP wasn't very stable tonight. I assume it's just because there are so many people on the servers today. Single player is fun though. I got a little more into it as the game went on, but like KZ2, it feels like somethings missing. Or that it's sort of a patchwork of ideas that never really gels. I think the main problem is that it seems like they really need to hire people for the story. The pacing of it is sort of horrible and it's filled with tired cliches. (the scene near the beginning when their vehicle was teetering on the edge of the cliff felt like some bad buddy comedy and them both screaming 'woooooaaahhh' in unison as it went over didn't help much either. The voice acting in general is pretty bad. But I am having fun when there is actual gameplay. It doesn't feel as weighty as the second one did, which is cool. The vehicles Ive driven so far are pretty cool. Those crazy turret mounted hellfire missle things are awesome. So ya, it's fun, but the lame story ruins it for me a bit. Instead of being immersed in it, I'm thinking about how unqualified the people writing it must have been.
Hopefully multiplayer is fun. Seemed alright from the few matches I was able to join. I still like the more tactical multiplayer shooters though, so I imagine I'll probably go back to BC2 at some point. Who knows though, maybe this one will turn out to be addictive

I think your critique is spot on. I ended up calling in sick to work today, and actually finished the campaign. The sad thing is, I'm one of those people who usually always takes 3 or 4 hours more time than what most people say it took them in games. So if I finished it that quickly, I'm sure some people will fly through it. It was fun though, overall I had more fun with it than I did with KZ2's campaign. The story is all over the place though, and would have a lot more impact if you never saw what was going on with your enemy's decision making / leadership and what not.

JT and I got some matches in tonight until both our PS3's froze at the same time. I'm getting better, better than I ever was on KZ2 at least. Playing as the engineer for now, but think I'll try out the tactician once I get the final repair upgrade. Seems like a good deal of fun so far. I went 17 - 0 one match. I spawned, walked over to a rocket turret and repaired it, and then blew people up with it from afar for the rest of the match. Awesome.

:drool: I can't wait for that

The mp on kill zone was a lot of fun last night. I still feels a little confined and corridor-y -I wish there was a wide open map- but for what it is, it's a lot of fun

Since we were playing just basic team death match mode, we were on the small maps. The other modes have much larger maps. I played on one with mechs and rocket turrets, it was quite open. I like the other two modes quite a bit.

u2popmofo said:
Since we were playing just basic team death match mode, we were on the small maps. The other modes have much larger maps. I played on one with mechs and rocket turrets, it was quite open. I like the other two modes quite a bit.

Good to hear. I'll check them out tonight

Other modes have more players as well. I think that death match type was only 7 on 7 or 8 on 8. Larger modes are 12 vs 12.

Mind = Blown. Killzone 3.

You, JT, and I will have to play some matches!

What classes have you guys been using? I've only done engineer, so I've leveled that up really well already (plus I received 3 free unlock points from preordered through Amazon).

There will supposedly be an in game look (video I assume) of Skyrim out tomorrow, Elder Scroll fannies.

You, JT, and I will have to play some matches!

What classes have you guys been using? I've only done engineer, so I've leveled that up really well already (plus I received 3 free unlock points from preordered through Amazon).

Aww yeah! On a weekend we definitely have to killzone it up (hopefully this coming one)

I haven't really done much online. I played 2-3 games before dinner last night, and when I came back multiplayer was down for maintenance, and I had to download another software update.

Single player rocks though, graphics are just stunning. I also love the brutal kills in Melee. So much to love :drool:

Yeah it is. I guess this info release tomorrow is going to be pretty big because it'll let us know how much of a departure it is from the Gamebryo Engine to this new supposed Creation Engine.

I haven't been keeping up with the news on it too much but it looks like there's some teaser shots:

Skyrim_game_world.jpg

among others.

Even more cool, supposedly that footage was captured from the 360 version, so consoles will look great!

Just realized that release date is the same day as Uncharted 3 though, I have no idea how I'm going to be able to try to juggle those two games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom