Video Game thread II: Super Scumbo Bros

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've always thought remakes of video games like said GoldenEye would be absolutely awesome.

Wish it wasn't only for Wii though.

I don't know why people say Goldeneye hasn't aged well (and yes, they do) - it may not follow the now conventional console FPS ideal that Halo pioneered, but it's still a hell of a lot of fun. And I've said it a billion times, but I'll say it again - 4 player with mates, right there in your living room - that's better than any number of online experiences I've ever had, even the greatest ones. I wish Sony and Microsoft would realise that and give their consoles four controller plug-ins. There's a number of reasons why they don't, of course, but it'd be wonderful if they did. That doesn't have to be a solely Nintendo niche.

You can connect 4 controllers to both Xbox and the 360. I assume you can on PS3 as well. It's just that most games don't waste the time to throw in development for local multiplayer, as it's almost entirely unused at this point. I believe a handful of games still have it though.

Very close to the end of Dead Space 2, really enjoyed it. Probably will do a second playthrough, if not a third as well.

Very close to the end of Dead Space 2, really enjoyed it. Probably will do a second playthrough, if not a third as well.

Finished yesterday, and already played half way through the game on New Game +! New Game + is pretty awesome in this, as you get all your upgrades and left over loot at the first store, but you also find new suits only available in a second play through. They're quite awesome as well. :rockon:

Who's getting Killzone 3 next week? I should have it Tuesday night (ordered from Amazon).

I'm only up to chapter 5 on Dead Space 2, thus is partly because of have no TV in my room, and NBA 2k11's Jordan Challenges taking me some time.

I've got Killzone on pre-order, so hopefully my tele is back and ready to go :hyper:

The Interference clan JT and I tried to create for KZ2 will actually have to become a reality for this one. :hyper:

Yeah, that video is pretty sweet, JT.

I'm starting to get excited to re-enter the zone of killing.

It actually was announced 3 or 4 years ago as a 360 exclusive and then disappeared, they reannounced it with that trailer.

For every zombie game, there are 10 modern shooters, 8 scifi shooters, and 4 driving games. Bring on the zombies.

Speaking of which, apparently a Walking Dead game was announced yesterday. :shh:

It actually was announced 3 or 4 years ago as a 360 exclusive and then disappeared, they reannounced it with that trailer.

For every zombie game, there are 10 modern shooters, 8 scifi shooters, and 4 driving games. Bring on the zombies.

Speaking of which, apparently a Walking Dead game was announced yesterday. :shh:

Heh, I see that now. Looks like it sits comfortably next to LA Noire in the rad-looking-games-that-seemed-to-be-vapourware front.

I saw the Walking Dead announcement, could be really cool. I guess I just don't like when zombies are tacked onto pre-existing concepts, but when they're a fundamental part of an IP it's fine.

Not a big fan of zombies myself, but that was one of the most depressing things I've ever seen. Which was pretty awesome. In a way. Can't wait to get my PS3 back. Also can't wait for LA Noir.

Ugh... friggin Fallout New Vegas...

I'm trying to start this quest, For Auld Lang Syne, but for some reason Dr. Henry (one of the members that you need to recruit) has gone missing. He's supposed to be in Jamestown, but the map marker has him at the Remnants Bunker. And because of that, I can't do this quest, I can't fix Rex for another quest, and I can't do the quest that Dr. Henry is supposed to give me.

Furthermore, I can't have that addition to the end of my storyline, which bothers me.

It was TVO. Oh man, and I dreaded being stuck in the basement by myself when Dr Who started. I'd hide my head in the cushions until I gathered up enough courage to run upstairs. There were no remotes back then, so I was too afraid to get up to turn the channel

I wonder if TVO knew how much their irresponsible programming schedule would scar us

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom