Video Game Discussion Thread Part 10: Video Games Fucking Suck

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yeah, I remember the first few missions being really stupid and confusing, and had me wondering whether I had downloaded a Saints Row game by mistake. But it now seems to have gotten better in Act 2, at least I'm compelled to actually go and do the missions now.

Diablo 3 on PS4 and X1 is awesome. Third time I've bought the game, and this is far and away the best version.

Sent from my iPad using U2 Interference to piss off Cobbler

The main story is boring, overplayed sci-fi movie tripe. Even when I was playing regularly, I didn't care enough about what was happening to finish the first Act.

Having played more, I really don't know how you can dismiss the entire game's story outright based on only the first few missions of the first act. I think it's actually gotten quite a bit better (near the end of Act 2), and it seems really premature to me to dismiss the whole thing based only on a tiny portion at the beginning.

Most open-world games' first few missions really suck anyways, because you're doing dumb shit like driving to clothing stores or doing the side games so that it can unlock those options full-time. GTA 5 really blew in the first few missions for me too (although the world map really was what kept me going for the first while, that really is the gold standard for open world games - I can't believe how close they got to making it look like SoCal, and even got the scale of the mountains at various distances perfectly) but obviously that game turned out pretty darn good. :shrug:

I really think you ought to go back and keep playing and see if you feel the same in 5 or 6 more missions.

Happy Madden release day everyone! :up:

Meh.

Madden the last few years is great for about two or three games and then all the bugs and dumb shit the AI does (ie my Center running 20 yards downfield as soon as the ball is snapped on an RB Dive play to block the Free Safety only to have the Defensive Tackle walk untouched into the backfield and get my RB 4 yards behind the line) just pisses me off too much and I get frustrated and never play it again.

EA really needs to take a year off from doing Madden to make some real improvements but it's way too much of a cash cow, so they'll just keep releasing the same game with some cosmetic improvements year after year, Call of Duty style.

Meh.

Madden the last few years is great for about two or three games and then all the bugs and dumb shit the AI does (ie my Center running 20 yards downfield as soon as the ball is snapped on a running play to block the Free Safety only to have the Defensive End walk untouched into the backfield and get my RB 4 yards behind the line) just pisses me off too much.

EA really needs to take a year off from doing Madden to make some real improvements but it's way too much of a cash cow, so they'll just keep releasing the same game with some cosmetic improvements year after year, Call of Duty style.

So far it's playing pretty well and looks unbelievable on next gen. They've made some pretty nice enhancements to the AI as well. I actually lost my first two games against the computer on default AllPro difficulty and didn't feel cheated in anyway.

With that said I do wish there was some competition. I miss the old 2k series from last decade.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

I think that's the kicker. Madden was great back when there was competition that it had to stay ahead of, and to me Madden was always better than 2K (although the helmet-cam in 2K5 I think was awesome, especially when you were on defense playing as a lineman), but since 2K disappeared it's been quite stagnant, IMO.

I'm glad you're enjoying it. It always took me a few games to notice the things that weren't just one-time quirks but truly consistently dumb AI play or glitches, let us know how it keeps playing after you've done a half dozen or so. If it actually sounds like an improvement I may end up picking it up once I finish Watch Dogs.

I don't play sports games, but the madden trailer with Kevin Hart rapping made me laugh.

I started Ni No Kuni up again last night. It's such a fun game and the battle system is fairly unique, to me at any rate. But I just can't help but feel like the game is WAY too easy, and that's making it a less enjoyable experience, overall.

I started Ni No Kuni up again last night. It's such a fun game and the battle system is fairly unique, to me at any rate. But I just can't help but feel like the game is WAY too easy, and that's making it a less enjoyable experience, overall.

The hand holding is definitely frustrating, but after a certain point there becomes a lot less of it, and the game starts becoming much more rewarding. Keep at it. How far you in?

The hand holding is definitely frustrating, but after a certain point there becomes a lot less of it, and the game starts becoming much more rewarding. Keep at it. How far you in?

I only just got to the second world map, so maybe 7 or 8 hours? Not super far, but far enough, I'd wager. Just picked up my first party member. I think the only thing that really bugs me is the map telling me where to go all the time. I mean...what's the fun of "look for a person with this description" if they're just going to highlight where they are on the map? I'm also a little disappointed by how little voice acting there is. Lots and lots of reading, which I don't mind, but...damn, I don't know, it just feels lazy.

Yeah, I was feeling the same way around that point. I think it really started getting into gear after you get the next character, not long afterwards there's a lot more freedom and more Ghibli animated bits (although I admit I was let down with how few there ended up being, likewise). Still ended up being lots of fun.

Yeah, I was feeling the same way around that point. I think it really started getting into gear after you get the next character, not long afterwards there's a lot more freedom and more Ghibli animated bits (although I admit I was let down with how few there ended up being, likewise). Still ended up being lots of fun.

That's good to hear, then. I'll try and give it another go, soon, then.

Xbox One owners, Microsoft is doing a "free weekend" on Forza 5 this weekend. I assume the game will stop working after the weekend is over.

If you don't already have it, definitely check it out! It's probably my second most played game on either of the new systems.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference to annoy Cobbler

Apparently the trial starts today, so it's longer than just two days. Here's more info if you're interested (which you should be if you don't already have it, bumbum faces):

In preparation for the launch of Forza Horizon 2 on September 30th, we’re excited to announce that all Xbox Live Gold members can enjoy Forza Motorsport 5 for free this entire upcoming weekend. Beginning at 12:01 a.m. PDT, Thursday, September 4 through 11:59 p.m. PDT, Sunday, September 7, Gold members in Xbox One markets can enjoy Forza Motorsport 5, in entirety and for free.

The Forza Motorsport 5 weekend will allow you to check out the full Forza experience with special in-game challenges, online play, and collect achievements and Gamerscore. After the weekend, you’ll have the option to purchase the game online from the Xbox Games Store or visit your favorite retailer and continue playing from where you left off.

Additionally, Turn 10 has some special events planned for the weekend; for more details on the click over to Xbox Wire.

The new Sims game is not nearly as horrible as I expected it to be after reading the reviews.

But then again losing the ability to tell my sim to go for a swim is not particularly critical for me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQFiWpp5Y5w

2ehpi.gif

Holy smokes, FIFA 15 is gorgeous. Can't wait until the full game comes out in a couple of weeks.

Destiny was sorta a let down. Most of the story missions are very repetitive and so are the side missions. I beat the game and got to level 20 in about 15 or so hours. Trading it in in Wednesday since GameStop/ Best Buy are offering 40$ credit lol. So I'll get Madden 15 for the Ps4 for 10$ lol

Sent from my PS4 using U2 Interference

Did some co-op strikes and stuff even those are repetitive. There is really not much to do once u reach level 20, except grinding in competitive multiplayer to receive better armor which raises your soft cap of lvl. 20

Planets are not very big. U will see the same sections mission after mission.

Sent from my PS4 using U2 Interference

Back
Top Bottom