Video from camera - help please!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

snowbunny00774

ONE love, blood, life
I have a pentax camera and have some movies on there that I would like to be able to let my friends see. I uploaded them to my PC with the software that came with my camera, and it shows they are quicktime. I tried to upload them to photobucket and it doesn't work. I also tried to open them with the windows movie maker and it said they are the wrong file type. Clearly I have no idea what I am doing...can someone help me out please:confused:

That's strange, when I pull movies off of my camera they play in Quicktime as well, but I have no problems putting them in photobucket. This might sound stupid but you are uploading them after clicking the 'video' link in photobucket right?

Sicy - yes ( not stupid...I did try it the wrong way the first time!!)

Matt - yes...I realized after I posted that the size seems to be too big. Max is 100MB and mine are bigger than that. How would I go about making them smaller...the one video I really want up is 205MB.

With big files like that, I usually just upload it to some site, like ysi, or sendspace. Then the people if they want to see would just download it.

Maybe you could try that instead?

Is there a way to downgrade the resolution of the video so that it is smaller in size? You can do that with images, but I have never tried with video.

snowbunny00774 said:
it shows they are quicktime. I tried to upload them to photobucket and it doesn't work. I also tried to open them with the windows movie maker and it said they are the wrong file type.

As far as opening them in Windows Movie Maker, you can't open Quicktime files in that program. Quicktime is Apple, so Windows Movie Maker won't support the files.

Re: Re: Video from camera - help please!

Bonochick said:

As far as opening them in Windows Movie Maker, you can't open Quicktime files in that program. Quicktime is Apple, so Windows Movie Maker won't support the files.

It depends on the file extension/type. WMM will import AVI and MPG formats under Import Video.

mattgerth said:
Is there a way to downgrade the resolution of the video so that it is smaller in size? You can do that with images, but I have never tried with video.

I think you have to have your camera initially set on a lower resolution when taking videos. That's what I did.. switched it to a lower resolution. But I am sure there is some program out there that can do it after the fact.

Back
Top Bottom