USB Device Not Recognized

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

WildHoneyAlways

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
:censored: Has anyone had this problem and fixed it? I'm so :censored: pissed. I plugged in my ipod nano to add more songs and this message popped up. I tried my flash drives in other ports but got the same message. The message goes on to say that the device has malfunctioned and I know that's not the case b/c it works on other computers.

I tried to look for a solution on-line but I don't speak computer tech. :angry:

Someone tell me they've been able to fix this problem or I'll have to buy another laptop. :sad:

Last edited:
:censored: Has anyone had this problem and fixed it? I'm so :censored: pissed. I plugged in my ipod nano to add more songs and this message popped up. I tried my flash drives in other ports but got the same message. The message goes on to say that the device has malfunctioned and I know that's not the case b/c it works on other computers.

I tried to look for a solution on-line but I don't speak computer tech. :angry:

Someone tell me they've been able to fix this problem or I'll have to buy another laptop. :sad:

Well, I don't have an ipod or a laptop, but I have had this problem - more than once- on my computer, usually when plugging in my mp3 players.
Usually, all I have to do is restart the computer - according to my techy friend, if I recall corrrectly - it often happens cause of an error in windows. Nothing serious, just random I guess.

Good luck! I hope someone can help.

I have that problem. My external HD is not recognized, the mouse wasn't. It's probably a register error or so. We're not sure, already let a computer tech look at it and he was clueless. :crack:

Weird. The only time I've seen this problem is on computers that have USB ports in the front and back, and it happens with the ones in front b/c they are technically on a USB hub and don't have enough power to run the device. For example on Phil's new computer, my external hard drive does not work in the front USB ports, but it does in the back b/c they are directly on the mother board.

Back
Top Bottom