Uploading/updating Ipod

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kiki

New Yorker
mainly in my fantasy land.....ooooo how I wish it
I'm having issues with my Ipod. I've updated my i-tunes, meaning I've added more songs and I want to transfer them to my Ipod. Alright....so I connected the cord to the computer, plugged my ipod in, and right away it started flashing "DO NOT DISCONNECT" okie dokie, fine. I let it go all night and it's still not done.

I vaguley remember that before I had to click on something on the i-tunes to start the transfer, only nothing came up.

So what am I missing?!!?!??!?!?!

thanks for any help!

When you hook it up, and the screen with the iPod comes up showing how much space you've used for each type of media (music, video, etc.), does it have "Manually manage music" checked?

If so, that would be the problem. You have to drag and drop the music you've added to iTunes over to the iPod logo on the left side of the screen.

What version of iTunes are you using?

If it's 7.0 or above, the screen that was mentioned up there should pop up. You should see your iPod's photo there and a mess of tabs at the top, regardless if you have video or not.
Then on the bottom, right above the colorful "iPod data used" bar there are a few ticky boxes. You should really click the automatic update so you don't have to worry about this.

I have a similar problem. Every now and then I'll plug in my iPod and nothing will happen. I'll get the taskbar icon indicating that a mass storage device has been inserted, but iTunes does nothing. Then my iPod freezes on the "Do Not Disconnect" screen.
I usually have to shut down iTunes/computer (depending on how much time I have), unplug my iPod, and then reset the iPod by holding down the Menu and Select button for a few seconds.
It took me about a dozen tries for it to reset today.

I wonder if I am doing serious damage to my iPod by unplugging it, but it does nothing if I don't unplug. The screen will just wear out the battery, I guess. :slant:

Back
Top Bottom