Two questions - on a phone and a dvd ripper

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cobl04

45:33
Any help greatly appreciated!

1. I have a Panasonic X700 flip phone with a camera. It was working fine until one day all the colours became blurry and when you take the shot, the colours are inversed. My friend thinks it's either UV rays (doubt it) or something liquid got in there. Anyone have the same phone with the same problem?

2. Where can I download a program that rips the tracks from a dvd into wma/mp3 format? I want to rip all the live tracks off Rattle & Hum, Slane and Chicago, plus some off the 90/00 DVD.

COBL_04 said:

2. Where can I download a program that rips the tracks from a dvd into wma/mp3 format? I want to rip all the live tracks off Rattle & Hum, Slane and Chicago, plus some off the 90/00 DVD.

:) I'd like to know that as well.

It's not exactly "ripping", but if you have a DVD rom and are able to play the DVD on your computer, you can use a free program called Sound Capture to record audio directly from your sound card.
http://www.download.com/SoundCapture/3000-2168_4-10117490.html?tag=lst-0-1
It's not a fancy program at all. Just hit record and then play your audio. It'll pick up every sound that comes through your speakers, so don't have other programs running that make noise while you're recording. Be sure to hit stop when you're done, and your audio will automatically be saved as an mp3.
It also comes in handy for recording streaming audio and/or the audio from streaming video.

Beware though, sometimes when I use this program it messes up the way my microphone records (my recording program will start recording from my sound card instead of my microphone). It's fixable, because the first time it happened, I managed to fix it, but I have no idea how I did it. Now when it happens, I just do a system restore to restore all of my settings to the day before, which is easier than trying to figure it out.

Last edited:
COBL_04 said:

http://www.imtoo.com/dvd-audio-ripper.html

This program works great and is really simple. I used it all the time on XP. It's not free though, I can't remember how much you can do with the trial.

Back
Top Bottom