The Video Game Thread PEW PEW!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I gave up on Cursed Mountain as it bored the shit out of me and controlled like an old Resident Evil game. I get supremely angry at games that have that slow turn while allowing Vulture Ghost Men to eat your back while you're at a healing station - thus killing the little character as you watch helplessly trying to get him to respond to any sort of command.

So I started Assassin Creed 2 and it's rocking the fuck outta me. I can see some similarities to Prince of Persia / Sly Cooper (two of my favorite series) and even the new Batman game - which I friggin loved. The fighting has a bit to be desired (same with PoP and Sly, though I think Batman got it right) but there's not too much of it, so I'm fine with it. Plus, I like the beat em up missions - yelling at pigdogs with an Italian accent and then beating them to a pulp? Yes, please.

NSWdouche - what didn't you like about Fallout? It took me a bit to get into, but once I got into the "world outside", I loved it. I think I even paid for DL content on that one, and I'm a cheap fuck.

Beav, Ass Creed combat is all about doing the counters the majority of the time. Pretty much you can just sit there and block, and try to hit the x button while blocking (if you're playing on 360, I assume its the square button on PS3), you'll end up performing sweet counters, that often kill in one strike. If you don't want to go that route, you need to dodge and strike a lot, or just spam the strike button. It's not uber deep combat wise, but you can feel like a major bad ass once you get the counters and dodging down. You can learn "advanced techniques" from the trainer guy in your villa later on, and can do new moves with new weapons. Glad to hear you're liking it though, I really enjoyed it as well.

Decided to finally play through the last two DLC's for Fallout 3 last week, Point Lookout and Mothership Zeta. Had a blast revisiting the game. Point Lookout was fantastic, I loved every second of it.

A few God of War 3 reviews were just released, getting some fantastic scores! Really excited for this one.
God of War III Review - PlayStation 3 Review at IGN

I just got to the part where they teach you to counter with the sword. I didn't think it was working though. But I was probably doing it wrong. Then I lost my sword, so I'll have to wait til it comes back. I do like that hidden knife though.

Is the whole game in Italy? I thought it moved around.

You can do counters with any weapon. What do you mean you lost the sword, did someone disarm you? You can get any weapon you've purchased again in your villa in the armory room.

It's all in Italy, but you play in a number of difference cities. It keeps adding in new sections to the cities you're playing in as well, so there's almost always a new location to explore.

You can do counters with any weapon. What do you mean you lost the sword, did someone disarm you? You can get any weapon you've purchased again in your villa in the armory room.

It's all in Italy, but you play in a number of difference cities. It keeps adding in new sections to the cities you're playing in as well, so there's almost always a new location to explore.

Yeah, I was in a fight, and then someone took my sword away. I think it's part of the story. Either that, or I still have it and just assumed I didn't.

I don't know why but I thought the game moved through time and places. Not a big deal, just a curiosity. I friggin love the free running. Awesome stuff. Make me want to collect all the treasures and find the eagles feathers and vantage points.

I don't know why but I thought the game moved through time and places.

It does, but it's different times and places in Italy. Time wise, we're only talking about 10 or so years, I think. And then of course the sections in modern time. Most of the cities are considerably different from each other, so that's nice.

NSWdouche - what didn't you like about Fallout? It took me a bit to get into, but once I got into the "world outside", I loved it. I think I even paid for DL content on that one, and I'm a cheap fuck.

I started Ass 2 and stopped when Mass Effect 2 arrived. I'll get back to it soon as I was enjoying running around the rooftops of Florence looking for Gelato and motherfuckers to fight.

I never really disliked Fallout, just never got totally into it and would stop in the hopes that, upon playing at another time the game would be more gripping to me. I know that I'll like it, it's right up my alley. I bought all the DLC, too, so I'm all the way in. I'm gonna start today, likely.

And I will likely start Mass Effect (first one) today.

Did you ever remember which class you played as, NSW? The default is soldier, but I've heard some people say it's somewhat boring to play as that class. Not sure which to do.

And I will likely start Mass Effect (first one) today.

Did you ever remember which class you played as, NSW? The default is soldier, but I've heard some people say it's somewhat boring to play as that class. Not sure which to do.

I don't think I was a soldier. I think I was a Vanguard but am not 100% sure. I usually like characters that combine abilities.

I was a Vanguard / Soldier or something? Was there a way to customize of combine or something?

It was a great game. Really enjoyed ranking my team up. I was pretty solid by the end there. I hope they fixed up the driving sequences though. I didn't like those too much.

I've heard Vanguard is a blast on Mass Effect 2. I'll probably either do that or maybe something else on the first one.

Thanks for the input, broz.

Both ME and ME2 are great, though I liked the sequel better.

As dicksauce said, running around the Universe gathering your team was a lot of fun. I think I mentioned this but I will repeat that I did every single side mission I could find, be they from known or unexplored worlds.

I'm excited to finally play them. Can't believe I bought the damn first game the day it came out, and am just getting around to starting it now.

I'm excited to finally play them. Can't believe I bought the damn first game the day it came out, and am just getting around to starting it now.

Better late than never.

Apparently I'm Whording it up with some LA friends this afternoon, and I leave for Spring Training Wednesday morning, so I might wait to start Fallout 3 again for when I return. At the most, I might just go through the preliminary stuff to set my character up, etc. I got all the DLCs, too, I'm ready to roll.

God of War 3 is fantastic. If you liked the previous games, you'll love this one.

I got God of War 3 the other day. Its pretty awesome. I'm at the Aphrodite part. The controls are hilarious :giggle:

Hahahaha, no, I didnt. at least he's getting work. I think Kronos is the same guy who did Boss Nass' voice on Phantom Menace though. Brian Blessed? Sounded like him anyway

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom