The Video Game Thread PEW PEW!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Killzone / Resistance, / Infamous stuff is free. I look forward to running around as a Helghast guy from Killzone.

Unfortunately, I don't think you can use skins in coop. :(

Mass Effect 2 Review - Xbox 360 Review - at IGN

YouTube - Mass Effect 2 Review

Going to have to finally play through my copy of the first game this year I guess...

Finished God of War 2 from the God of War Collection today, really looking forward to 3 now. Also pre-ordered MAG. I didn't exactly love the demo, but I've missed shooters with really high player counts from my PC days. Figure I have to support the game for finally figuring out how to get far more than 16 people on a console shooter.

That knife kill pisses me off so much even if it didn't happen to me personally. Horse shit.

By default, I ended up having the day off yesterday (couldn't get to work, as my car ended up not being done at the shop as they previously promised). Lucky for me, MAG arrived from Amazon, so I put in a decent amount of time on that. I like it a great deal, 128 and 256 person battles are insane. I've been playing with a big group of guys from another forum I visit, which is probably considerably more fun than going lone wolf in a game like this, as you can actually help each other accomplish the objectives and use teamwork.

Finally used the PS3 mic also. Yay and stuff.

If those lying liars (NSW, Elfa, etc) would ever finally join us for some Uncharted 2, I wouldn't have to "shoot my bullets" elsewhere.

:wink:

I just finished Uncharted. That game sucked. I do not get the hype. I can only assume it was an early PS3 game, so people were just happy to have something to play. It felt like the developers got to the end of the game and said, "Well, it's real short, there's not really any puzzles or platforming. No real story. Hmmm...OH - how about we just throw 8000 bad guys in there to fight in poorly designed gun battles? Sweet. This game is gonna kick ass now." Ugh.

I will, however, play UC2 as I hear it's very different. So that's nice. Just started God Of War 2, as I never did get to play it. I forgot what a hardass Kratos was.

I replayed through both God of War games recently and am now pretty hyped for the third, hence the Kratos avatar I had for a little while. Still need a PS3, but there's a good 250gig + UC2 bundle going around at the moment, so I'll probably go with that. I'll probably set up Xbox Live soon too, got a new TV and shit.

Anyone else played Bayonetta yet? Definitely recommend it, the combat system is great.

I just finished Uncharted. That game sucked. I do not get the hype. I can only assume it was an early PS3 game, so people were just happy to have something to play. It felt like the developers got to the end of the game and said, "Well, it's real short, there's not really any puzzles or platforming. No real story. Hmmm...OH - how about we just throw 8000 bad guys in there to fight in poorly designed gun battles? Sweet. This game is gonna kick ass now." Ugh.

I will, however, play UC2 as I hear it's very different. So that's nice. Just started God Of War 2, as I never did get to play it. I forgot what a hardass Kratos was.

Crazy talk. Uncharted was one of my favourite games until the second one came out. Real talk

I loved the first Uncharted as well. It's not nearly as good as the sequel, but I thought it was still quite enjoyable for what it was.

Someone else needs to get MAG, that would be........MAG-NIFICOCK!

Sorta like the Call of Duty and Splinter Cell games, it's one of those "every other game made by another developer" type of things. So Bethesda isn't making it themselves (Obsidian is, who supposedly were involved on earlier Fallouts) , but I assume it'll be using a very similar gaming engine for graphics and gameplay and what not. This video is the first thing we've seen of it since it was announced, so next to nothing is known about it at this point. So it's a new Fallout game, but not necessarily "Fallout 4", if that makes any sense.

Is that an RPG, Beav? I remember name, but nothing about the game.

Anyone get Bioshock 2 yet? JT, anyone?

I've gotta at least get through Assassin's Creed 2 before I get it. Probably will start that tonight or tomorrow. Finally finished Arkham Asylum this last weekend. I'd forgotten how much fun that game was, I breezed through it once I started it up again. After i finished I went and got all the remaining riddles as well. Yay for achievement whoring.

Not really an RPG, but it kinda is, I guess. You get experience, but the leveling is done automatically. There are quests and all. THe fighting is a bit of strategy (fire beats water type stuff) and some button mashing. Very different.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom