The Elder Scrolls

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I am having so much fun with the new game I started. Magic really has its benefits; I haven't even died yet and I'm at level 7. My electricity-weilding High Elf and Lydia are raising all kinds of chaos across Skyrim. Magic lets me start killing things while they're running towards me, so they usually die before causing any damage, unlike trying to whack them with a pathetic Iron sword.

I was getting burned out on this game after playing it for over a year, but now I can't wait to fill up the Destruction perk tree and become an awesome mage. I'll be unstoppable! Bwahahaha!

So what do you all think of The Elder Scrolls Online? They announced last week that it will be playable on Xbox One and PS4 besides Mac and PC.

E3 2013: ESO Arriving on PlayStation 4, Xbox One! | Bethesda Blog

That's good to know, but I don't think I'll be buying a new console until Elder Scrolls 6 comes out, and I don't know if I want to get into an MMO because I know it will be time consuming. Part of the fun of a new ES game is exploring a new region of Tamriel, but if ESO lets you explore *all* of Tamriel, then it might not feel very new anymore next time they release a single-player game. And they made it look all cartoon-y. :| (I say this knowing that the odds that I'll end up playing it anyway are fairly high.)

The day the fallout or TES universe is first person MMO will be the first time I get into one since I was like 13 playing Runescape.

I'm glad I don't have a PC... otherwise I would probably buy this.

Finally accepted the fact that I'm going to have to start Skyrim over, so I started a new game last week. I'm about 19, 20 hours in now, and while I'm loving the game as much as ever, the PC version leaves much to be desired, at least in my experience. I can't begin to express my frustration at the countless glitches I've run into. But, now, I can't even complete a f'n quest, because the game keeps crashing to desktop :(.

I have it for all three systems :lol:.

I had a game on PS3 that I was 70+ hours into, but my system broke and I didn't have the harddrive backed up. I was trying to justify spending $100 to get my Skryim save file back, but, just couldn't. I didn't play the game for over a couple years, after that, but I got the Elder Scrolls anthology for Christmas and I haven't played a PC game in quite a while. It's usually a better experience and I do love how the game looks. The glitches are just disappointing.

I was finally able to complete that dungeon, though, which was nice.

So I'm playing skyrim, and I get to the first town. Immediately, I have flashbacks to the guards arresting me in oblivion every time I went into a new town, and I thought no! Not my pants! You can arrest me, but please don't take my pants again!

As a pc game, it suffers from that wonky movement and just general movement control that all console games suffer in pc form.

I feel an urge to start playing Skyrim again. But I guess I'll just wait until Elder Scrolls Online is released for PS4. Does it include campaigns as well?

So I'm playing skyrim, and I get to the first town. Immediately, I have flashbacks to the guards arresting me in oblivion every time I went into a new town, and I thought no! Not my pants! You can arrest me, but please don't take my pants again!

As a pc game, it suffers from that wonky movement and just general movement control that all console games suffer in pc form.

I hate seeing an Elder Scrolls game referred to as a console game :(

I'm getting a desktop capable of operating at high performance for the first time in my life so I'm ecstatic to try TES and Fallout!

Sent from my 831C using U2 Interference mobile app

Does the amount of weight you can carry improve as you advance through the game? :crack: I've only reached the first town and it's already pissing me off.. plus that I can't seem to access any shop yet, every time I try to lockpick I get caught and put back on the dragon's shrine aigain. :grumpy: So I have to slow ass walk back down to the town and get caught again.

Yeah, over time you can carry more.

Also, in this game, be careful about stealing stuff in the early levels. It's not like the previous ones, and you won't be able to sell stolen goods for quite awhile.

Okay brilliant. Hope I can sell the stuff I looted from bodies though, cause that' weighing me down.

I noticed that they don't like me stealing and stuff. I was just lockpicking to get the skill up, wasn't even aware it was that illegal. :uhoh:
Whenever I would enter a building, I'd get mauled by five guards at the time.. kept dying and dying until I managed to flee and get to my horse, then they finally asked me if I wanted to go to jail. :lol: Man that was frustrating. I died about 50 times before they finally asked me if I wanted something other than dying.

Does the amount of weight you can carry improve as you advance through the game? :crack: I've only reached the first town and it's already pissing me off.. plus that I can't seem to access any shop yet, every time I try to lockpick I get caught and put back on the dragon's shrine aigain. :grumpy: So I have to slow ass walk back down to the town and get caught again.

When you level up, increasing stamina will increase you carrying capacity as well. Also, some amulets will increase stamina by wearing then.

Oh, and maybe you're trying to access the shops at wrong time. They're usually open at 8am and closed in the late afternoon

I'd like to try it with mods, if only I had a PC.

Why did I never update this thread? A couple of months ago I bought a new PC and have been playing modded Skyrim. The bad news upfront is that I spent about 15-20 hours restarting the first sections of the game over and over again because I got so greedy with mods it kept crashing to desktop. The process itself wasn't awful because it felt like a sandbox to blow up and try weird things in, but I eventually settled for a stable but good build once I remembered I didn't buy it as a game development exercise.

So the combination ultra level graphics and graphic mods are a revelation, at least compared to the PS3 version. I didn't even recognize how foggy the plains outside Whiterun were until I booted them up side by side on computer and TV. The ENB is another bonus. Although depth of field effects and sun bloom are fantastic, it takes work to set up and should be considered optional for anyone who wants to enjoy the game again. I'm most excited for the dragon overhaul mod, but I've been picking my way so slowly through the main quest I have yet to fight more than one. It promises to make the fights more unpredictable and keeps the dragon from getting completely distracted by stray mudcrabs.

I hate seeing an Elder Scrolls game referred to as a console game :(

Oops, it theyre not primarily released as such? I guess i just assumed they were because 1) they're available on those platforms an 2) they have shitty movement control with mouse and keyboard, like there's nothing I can do with the mouse sensitivity or keybinds to make it less clunky.

Oops, it theyre not primarily released as such? I guess i just assumed they were because 1) they're available on those platforms an 2) they have shitty movement control with mouse and keyboard, like there's nothing I can do with the mouse sensitivity or keybinds to make it less clunky.

They were originally PC games that got ported with the third entry to the series and have since seen a pretty dominate showing on the consoles, despite their general superiority on the PC.

Or something like that.

But I agree, the mouse has been really shitty, imo. I screwed with the settings for a while and it doesn't seem to be getting any better.

I feel like I don't have time to get sucked into Elder Scrolls Online. I would love to, but I'd probably never do anything else for months. :(

I'm still playing my "new" Skyrim game once in a while with my High Elf. I've been running around electrocuting things with Marcurio. He's a whiner, but he's better with magic than I am.

A few weeks ago, I played it after not touching it for a month and it made a high-pitched squealing noise and froze every time I tried to access the menu. I finally just ran around for a while without touching the Start button and it eventually started working again. Maybe my Xbox was out of shape from so much idleness.

I've heard absolutely nothing good about ESO. But that's just from people I play other mmos with, not any sort of reviews or anything.

They were originally PC games that got ported with the third entry to the series and have since seen a pretty dominate showing on the consoles, despite their general superiority on the PC.

Or something like that.

But I agree, the mouse has been really shitty, imo. I screwed with the settings for a while and it doesn't seem to be getting any better.

Ah ok. I've only played skyrim for a few hours, and before that just a little oblivion. And after the whole constantly getting arrested and having my pants stolen by the guards when the let me out of jail, I grew to dislike oblivion fairly quickly as I was spending more time trying to obtain new pants than doing anything else.

Back
Top Bottom