The Elder Scrolls

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hmm....but where is that breathing ability even useful, though? I rarely went underwater, and the few places I did go, the Volsung Mask was enough to keep me alive. Also?

:lol:

Muffle is a great spell to build up Illusion with. I'm confused why Atronarchs have so little effect on Conjuration....I'm going to try Bound Swords and see if that has a better effect.

Hmm....but where is that breathing ability even useful, though? I rarely went underwater, and the few places I did go, the Volsung Mask was enough to keep me alive. Also?

Personal preference I guess.. I usually throw him in there if he's low on health.. or just to fish. lol. Wish there were more hidden treasures underwater.

On my first character (Sparky the Redguard), I went the Stormcloak path. And at first it seems somewhat valiant.. and then it just seems so racist. I felt so bad being a Stormcloak lol.

I love muffle, one of my favs. I wish there was a transmute spell for real life. That would be sweet :)

I've been wanting to do the full mage thing as well. My argonian, Kermit, is mainly an arrow guy.. but I've been wanting to up his hack 'n slash abilities as well. I haven't really done any duel wielding, except with magic. So there's another thing. And I still completely suck with two handed weapons. They are so damned slow! I was having a ton of glitches on this game (this is my second file) but they all just seemed to right themselves about a week ago.. something I'm very happy about. Lydia, however, never did return and I have no idea where her stash filled body is. Oh well. Love playing as an Argonian.. being able to go underwater and stay there is pretty sweet.

I never got into two-handed weapons, either. They're kind of a nuisance, especially now that I'm so used to faster one-handed weapons. Water breathing is really nice, and if I play as something else I forget that I can't do it anymore and I realize that, oh crap, I'm drowning. I was glad that they made water breathing automatic in Oblivion and that it's not a spell you have to cast anymore like in Morrowind.

Speaking of Morrowind.. I was sick in bed today was playing it on the Xbox. Getting further along.. need to find a mortal and pestle so I start experimenting with ingredients. I wonder if they will ever remaster this one?

I never got into two-handed weapons, either. They're kind of a nuisance, especially now that I'm so used to faster one-handed weapons. Water breathing is really nice, and if I play as something else I forget that I can't do it anymore and I realize that, oh crap, I'm drowning. I was glad that they made water breathing automatic in Oblivion and that it's not a spell you have to cast anymore like in Morrowind.

Oh, that's why I've never drowned. I honestly had no idea

The closest you would get to a remaster is of Morrowind is if you had a PC and could download the updated texture packs and character models people have made (pretty excellent quality to), but they require a relatively good system to run.

I love Morrowind the way it is. It's so charmingly blocky and there aren't any physics. And you just gotta love the insults.
"Die, Fetcher!" "You N'Wah!" "S'wit!" "We're watching you... Scum."

I ended up buying Morrowind for about 10 dollars the other day. I will turn to it once I'm done with Skyrim (which may take a while). I'm sure it will be fun.

I feel bad now for having joined the Stormcloaks, given that I'm a Wood Elf. I did so at the beginning of the game and hadn't realized it would be strange.

The Companions just sent me on a mission to rescue "<Alias=Victim>" from "<Alias=Lair>".

After I killed Jaree-Ra in his bandit hideout, he slid down a slope, but his tail stayed at the top and stretched all the way down to where his body landed. It reminded me of glitches in Oblivion.

I got rid of Barbas after only a few hours of him following me. He barks constantly, detects me when I'm sneaking (which causes enemies to detect me and makes stealing impossible), and bumps into me when I'm trying to pick up objects. An invincible dog would be nice, but he was just too annoying.

I need to stop thinking that I am God-Empress of Man, but the game's making it pretty easy, even on Expert.

Once I decided to start paying attention to Enchantments, the Dragons really became simple. The local Winterhold Jarl told me that there was a Dragon up on Mt. Anthor, so I ended up blasting firebolts in all directions up at the summit trying to lure him out late at night. It wasn't until I grew bored and spent 2 hours with autowait that I turned around and saw a Dragon perched atop the Word Wall silently, gently peering at me. A sneak bow and arrow woke him up, and then the fight began.

I wish the game were a little more structured, away from the Fedex Man component that delivers packages from hovering arrow to arrow and more towards regionalization of the individual areas/holds and escalation of Dragon fights as a boss fight in of themselves. I think Elsweyr is a natural extension for the DLC; it's like Skyrim except dirtier and browner, and the white blowing snow can be converted into blowing sand.

I'm progressively knocking off the lists from my screen as they come. I'm trying to decide how well the Skyrim music toes between memorable melodies and generic atmospheric fluff: here's a Youtube link to crank up the next time you fight a Dragon: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HLMPRm-DA3k

Despite the crap Bethesda gets for having bugs or issues at launch, which many think is to be expected for a game this size, they've always been good at providing a lot of support. Both Oblivion and Fallout 3 received patches that actually provided slightly upgraded graphical tweaks for the console versions, which is almost unheard of in console gaming. Fixes, new mechanics, etc. They seem to find ways to work in things other companies would only add into DLC that you have to pay money for.

Agreed.

And when BethSoft has you paying for stuff... it's usually a good deal. The only one I was not a fan of was in Fallout 3. I think it was... Project Steel? The continuation + Pittsburgh one. I mean, it was a fair DLC, don't get me wrong.

Just... don't ever, ever make me pay to continue playing a game. That really pissed me off.

Just passed the 200 hours mark; and the quest list is getting mighty short now. I've been pretty consistently able to wring out extra drops of gameplay by planning epic slow travel voyages and riding through regions I skimmed through before. Last night I rode from Markarth through the Reach to Falkreath, found three new locations, and completed a small quest. 333 locations discovered, I've read online there's about 350 or so overall.

Also discovered that I'm a stone cold idiot: the Apothecary's Satchel in your home is meant to be used to store all your ingredients. I unloaded 70 weight of alchemy crap I had been carrying around and suddenly realized why it always seemed I was short on space.

Might need to upgrade the difficulty to Master, as well. With a set of enchanted armor, even Dragons are a breeze again.

I updated my Xbox with the new stuff. The underwater visuals are amazing now and the new kill cams are pretty cool. I shot an assassin in the ass with an arrow in slow motion. The game seems a little sluggish, though; I went into a bandit fort and it lagged really bad and the load screens take longer.

The bandit hideout was Faldar's Tooth, which was pretty intense. There must have been eight bandits just on the outside and they yelled "Release the dogs, boys!" and then there were wolves, too. I summoned a Dremora and called Odahviing, who killed most of the bandits and then went over to Goldenglow Estate and started setting it on fire. Oh, Odahviing... :lol:

I finally got my Smithing to 100 and made some dragon armor. Wearing that and armed with Chillrend, I am now an unstoppable tank.

Back
Top Bottom