The Android Invasion!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My sister got the EVO last month, and the battery life is her only complaint. I'm going to get the Inspire, and a spare battery was her suggestion too.

when are you gonna get yours?

I am still waiting on Sprint to announce when this summer they are going to sell the HTC EVO 3D.

My sister got the EVO last month, and t
Code:
he battery life is her only complaint. I'm going to get the Inspire, and a spare battery was her suggestion too.

Try this app called juice defender. think that's what.its called

when are you gonna get yours?

I am still waiting on Sprint to announce when this summer they are going to sell the HTC EVO 3D.

I'll probably order it later this week. I've been lazy :reject: The EVO 3D does look niiiiiiiiice. :up:

Try this app called juice defender. think that's what.its called

Thanks for the recommendation.

so i got the LG Optimus V for VM, amazing little device! does anyone know where to find some good U2 wallpapers for the droid?

I did get the HTC Inspire, and have been kicking around with it for almost two weeks. It's bigger than I'm used to (I had the Samsung Eternity for 2 years), but I can deal with it. The only real complaint right now is that the batter life sucks, especially when using the WiFi. I was warned about it, so I picked up a spare USB cable to charge it while at the office. I need to check out the juice defender app that was recommended, and see if it makes a difference.

i actually heard that Juice Defender drains even more battery because you end up killing apps that aren't draining battery. Then it takes twice as much battery to reload them.

I am making the switch from Blackberry (8220 Flip Tmobile), most likely to the new HTC Sensation coming out June 8th.

Finally making jump, as new Data plans came out

I am making the switch from Blackberry (8220 Flip Tmobile), most likely to the new HTC Sensation coming out June 8th.

Finally making jump, as new Data plans came out

Congrats, you'll love that phone. I made the switch to android from blackberry last year, I'm never looking back.

MOUNTAIN VIEW, CA and LIBERTYVILLE, IL – AUGUST 15, 2011 – Google Inc. (NASDAQ: GOOG) and Motorola Mobility Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: MMI) today announced that they have entered into a definitive agreement under which Google will acquire Motorola Mobility for $40.00 per share in cash, or a total of about $12.5 billion, a premium of 63% to the closing price of Motorola Mobility shares on Friday, August 12, 2011. The transaction was unanimously approved by the boards of directors of both companies.

The acquisition of Motorola Mobility, a dedicated Android partner, will enable Google to supercharge the Android ecosystem and will enhance competition in mobile computing. Motorola Mobility will remain a licensee of Android and Android will remain open. Google will run Motorola Mobility as a separate business.

Larry Page, CEO of Google, said, “Motorola Mobility’s total commitment to Android has created a natural fit for our two companies. Together, we will create amazing user experiences that supercharge the entire Android ecosystem for the benefit of consumers, partners and developers. I look forward to welcoming Motorolans to our family of Googlers.”

Sanjay Jha, CEO of Motorola Mobility, said, “This transaction offers significant value for Motorola Mobility’s stockholders and provides compelling new opportunities for our employees, customers, and partners around the world. We have shared a productive partnership with Google to advance the Android platform, and now through this combination we will be able to do even more to innovate and deliver outstanding mobility solutions across our mobile devices and home businesses.”

Andy Rubin, Senior Vice President of Mobile at Google, said, “We expect that this combination will enable us to break new ground for the Android ecosystem. However, our vision for Android is unchanged and Google remains firmly committed to Android as an open platform and a vibrant open source community. We will continue to work with all of our valued Android partners to develop and distribute innovative Android-powered devices.”

The transaction is subject to customary closing conditions, including the receipt of regulatory approvals in the US, the European Union and other jurisdictions, and the approval of Motorola Mobility’s stockholders. The transaction is expected to close by the end of 2011 or early 2012.

wowzers

I've always enjoyed Motorola phones, but they really didn't have a clue what they were doing with Android. This is going to be effing sick.

Pretty much the main reason Google is buying Motorola's cell division is for their 25,000 patents to stave off the troll whore Apple.

Reviews on the new Droid Bionic on Verizon are pretty impressive.

Because I have decent 4G serice in my area,
I think I should leave my second gen iPhone and go Droid.

I can not see why the iPhone 5 would be better, with no 4 G.

I work in an office with over 100 people

and everyone is reeeeeeeeally happy with their smart phone.

When I ask them, what ever Droid they have they just go on and on about how amazing it is. And the iPhoners are just as bad if not worse.

I think once one graduates from a a clam phone to a decent smart phone thay are just as happy as a baby in a bucket of shit.

The Droid people all swear by their manufactorer and their carriers, too.

The only people that are not ga ga,
are the Crackberries and the Palm Treo hold outs.

everyone is going to spruik what they've got. it makes the money they spent on it less painful.

meanwhile, i'm really trying to win an iphone at work. if i win that and miss my usual bonus, i don't give a shit, as the iphone is worth more on trade me than my bonus will ever be.

I heard really good things about the Droid Bionic. Did you get it Deep? I know when it was released yesterday costco had an amazing deal. You get the phone, an extra battery, dock charger, screen protectors, car dock and some other items.

I like sense. I have the Evo 3D which is an awesome phone.

I've got an HTC Aria. Little phone, but I love it. Didn't want a massive phone which barely fits into my pocket. Wish I had a physical keyboard, but can't have everything.

Android is so awesome, I love it. I thought HTC Sense was the shit, but I eventually downloaded a new internet, messaging, and launcher app. I love having a phone that truly is unique to me.

I heard really good things about the Droid Bionic. Did you get it Deep? I know when it was released yesterday costco had an amazing deal. You get the phone, an extra battery, dock charger, screen protectors, car dock and some other items.

I like sense. I have the Evo 3D which is an awesome phone.

no, still evaluating

I heard about the Costco deal.

i'm debating whether or not to jump on the bionic now or wait for the nexus/prime/whatever they're calling it in october...

my original droidx has done me incredibly well... first on just the stock OS and then finally rooting it and playing with different ROMs and launchers and all that jazz... but i'm getting to the point where i'm ready to jump on board the 4G bandwagon, especially considering that verizon is letting me stay grandfathered in on the unlimited data. i figure i better take advantage of that while i can because eventually they'll cut that off for 4G

Next month the HTC Vigor (Incredible HD) comes out. 1.5ghz dual core processor, 32gb sd card included, 720p display. You also get Dr. Dre Beats earbuds and the Incredible HD has Dr.Dre's Beats integrated HD Audio Experience.

hey you all in the Android community should check out www.mycolorscreen.com for ideas on customizing your phone to your liking. Really cool site. It's invite only though and I have two invites left if anyone wants one. If you do pm me.

Back
Top Bottom