Save a whole website?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bonoz

War Child
U2.com will be going through a change as they always do upon the release of a new album.

I wanted to save the current HTDAAB themed website. The whole website full of navigation just for my 'collection'.

Think this is possible? if so, how?

Thanks

You should just be able to Save Website As and make sure it's set to "complete". It usually saves the homepage htm, php, or whatever file and then a folder of files that contain the images and everything else.

You should just be able to Save Website As and make sure it's set to "complete". It usually saves the homepage htm, php, or whatever file and then a folder of files that contain the images and everything else.

Not the whole website though.

I tried BackStreet Browser on a smaller site of mine and it appears to work (canceled before it finished lest I suck the life out of my own bandwidth).

I'm not sure how it will work with a site like U2.com where authentication is involved in order to access content.

The only way to totally save the website and ensure you'll never lose the info is to do 'print screen' and save pages/sections on wordpads or in paint. This is proof of what it looked like for you to save in your pictures or documents. I have tried to save whole sites before, but if they change, what I saved changed, and if they go down, there's nothing left but the icons.

Back
Top Bottom