Safari is frozen!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rachel D.

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
This has never happened before. I was trying to upload a photo on Photobucket and suddenly Safari stopped responding (I'm on FireFox right now). I can't restart my computer because it says I have to quit Safari first; I tried to quit, but it's just sitting there. When I bring up the window and click it, whatever is under it comes to the top. It's like Safari is invisible. I even tried to put it in the trash and it won't go. I can't use it but I can't get rid of it, either. What should I do?

:panic:

When things like that happen to me, I usually pull the plug from the computer, and re-start that way...there is the risk of something corrupting but hasn't happened to me.

I held the power button down, and at first a box came up that asked if I was sure I wanted to restart, but I tried it again and held it down longer. It finally shut down and I ran the Repair Disk Permissions thing afterward, so maybe it will be better. I'm still on FireFox, though. Do you think it was Photobucket's fault? I had several tabs open at the same time and thought maybe there was just too much going on and it got stuck.

I tried to find something about this on Google and found sites talking about "zombie processes" and commands to kill programs. It looks like a lot of people have problems with Safari but I hardly ever do. I think it runs smoother and faster than FireFox.

Back
Top Bottom