Ringtones Questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

corianderstem

Blue Crack Distributor
So I've never downloaded these fancy-schmancy ringtones before. I've just upgraded my phone through T-Mobile (helloooo, magenta Razr!) and suspect I'll be spending a few bucks each month having some fun with tunes.

Is there a way to make your own ringtones and get them onto your phone?

Or, if you have internet access on your phone, are you able to download a custom-made ringtone onto your phone and then use it as a ringtone?

Or am I pretty much stuck with what T-Mobile has to offer?

You should be able to download ringtones from various from their site or you could google around, some sites may have free ringtones that you could just get sent to your phone and all you'd pay is just the SMS charge or whatnot for it being sent. I'm not 100% sure with T-Mobile though. (I've done it with Cingular only.)

Some phones (like the one I have the Sony Ericsson T226 has a feature where you can compose your own ringtone, but it's kind of crap anyway.) you can, but that's the only one I know that actually has a compose feature.

Thanks for the info ... do you know if I'd have to have a plan that features internet service to try your first suggestion?

I'm not entirely sure, but it's worked for me. I got this one midi tune sent to my Sony phone, I can't recall the site as I overhauled the whole pc so all bookmarks were lost, but IIRC all I did was provide my service provider, and cellular number and then it was sent over as an SMS message.

You could check this, maybe this'll be somewhat helpful: http://www.buzzle.com/editorials/5-19-2006-96647.asp

Good luck with the googling though. There's hoards of "free" services that just ends up trying to get your money amongst the few that actually will give you them for free. :)

I've got a phone that's similar to the Razr, the LG CU500, also mp3 enabled. I'm planning to work on a whole bunch of u2 (and a few other) ringtones over witner break (mainly to use with my phone's alarm function) and I'll upload them when I do. Let me know if you've got requests You can transfer them to your phone with a cable, bluetooth, or infared, depending on what your computer and phone are enabled with.

Your Razr should bring a CD that brings "Mobile Phone Tools" in the media section there is an editing studio there where you can edit mp3's and download them onto your phone, I do it all the time.

Congrats on the magenta RAZR, lol, I'm a guy and I have that phone. :wink:

SWEET!!! Man, I'm going to spend so much time playing with my new phone, I'll never have time for downloading U2 bootlegs anymore. :wink: Plus, this will be my first phone that has a camera!

I only got magenta because through T-Mobile, it was either that or gray. :angry:

BrownEyedBoy said:
Your Razr should bring a CD that brings "Mobile Phone Tools" in the media section there is an editing studio there where you can edit mp3's and download them onto your phone, I do it all the time.

Congrats on the magenta RAZR, lol, I'm a guy and I have that phone. :wink:

Crap, I didn't get the CD with my phone. Stupid T-Mobile. :angry:

I was going to tell you about the mobile tools cd too - I bought a V3 and it came with the cd - and now i never pay for ringtones, just make them myself and change whenever i feel like it.
I'm sure you'd be able to download the software online though - either from motorola or through one of the peer to peer networks.
Good Luck :)

Back
Top Bottom