Rhapsody/MyCoke Rewards Question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AngelofHarlem01

Rock n' Roll Doggie
Has anyone used their Coke Reward Points to get anything from Rhapsody? I'm a little confused. I see you can get a free 1 month subscription to Rhapsody To Go for 268 points which seems like a good deal. But then I see another reward that's just for 1 album from Rhapsody for 225 points which is why I'm confused. It just seems weird to me that one album would take that many points but then for just a few points more you can get a one month subscription. Is it a scam? You do get music with the subscription don't you? You don't have to pay a seperate fee for songs? :huh:

OK I don't use Rhapsody, never have and I could be totally off, but this is my guess. Songs d/l via subscription would be using Windows Digital Rights Management (DRM), meaning they are protected and can only be used on certain computers for a certain amount of time before they need to re-authenticate and renew their license, and cannot be burned onto a CD. Then perhaps with the album, you get mp3s that don't contain DRM and you can burn them or use them as you please.

That's just a guess.

Back
Top Bottom