record video and audio off streaming broadcast???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

u2paddy

The Fly
is this possible ?
is there any program or technique to do so?
any help would be really appreciated.
thanks in advance

I want to record this :
James at KCRW

Yes it is possible to do this many different types of software is out there that enables you to do this. Probably the most common is Streaming Audio Studio, but there are litterally hundreds of choices out there.

There is also vixy . But I think it only works for youtube vids . It's easy to use and you don't have to download anything and it's free , but it does have it's problems . Sometimes the server is to busy , so you have to try the conversion a few times .

http://vixy .net/

remove the space .

Vixy is great when it works... which is very rare. And it only works for YouTube and other FLV-type videos.

If you want to download streaming video + audio, the easiest to do is find the location of the HIDDEN(as in, not shown when your invisible folders are shown too!) folder Temporary internet files.... EVERYTHING you do on the internet gets saved there so your internet runs faster, if you load a video, it will be saved there so you can watch it faster the next time... and there's your trick! you can copypaste from the folder once you've found it! just find the folder, empty it(won't do any harm since it only makes the internet pages go slow until they're saved again, which goes automatically) and then keep the folder open, and open internet and watch the vid... it'll appear in the folder, copy it, paste wherever you want and ta da!

:hmm: I forgot where to find the folder again... lemme dig for a while and I"ll let you know.. twas somewhere in documents and settings, and you can only get there by manually typing in the path!

k found it, this is for windows XP!
one more thing, you NEED to use internet explorer for this to work
C:\Documents and Settings\<user name>\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files

The folder will be huge, the best thing is to delete the rest, or else have fun digging for the file since you've already watched it! :lol:

:crack: I ahve 6.000 files in it already and I regularly clean it up..

Hope you manage to get it!

Oh, and one more thing.
DO NOT EVER delete the folder named TEMP in local settings..

:uhoh: I once did that and my computer went in snail mode, it was like 1995 all over again! I had to do a system restore to fix it :crack:

Last edited:
That's only if you're stuck on Internet Explorer. Firefox keeps its files somewhere else in your profile folder, but I forget where.

Try using WM Recorder (WM stands for windows media) as in windows media video streams but i've used this software for other streaming broadcasts such as youtube. Check this video out so you can see what it can do:

YouTube - Capture Streaming Video with WM Recorder

You can download the free demo in the video description but i dont know if it has limitations or if it just let you use it for 15 days or so... but if it has limitations of some sort or you want the full version maybe i can get it for you, just let me know.

Note: If it doesn't start on the first try, just try again and you're done.

Back
Top Bottom