Quick memory card question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AngelofHarlem01

Rock n' Roll Doggie
I just bought my first memory card (SanDisk) and loaded it up in my camera expecting it to ask me to format it since I've never used one before but instead it just loaded the picture screen like usual. The memory card icon appears and the number of available pictures shot up to over 1200, but when I took a sample shot I don't think that number changed. Is it ready to go? Or should I format it myself even though there was no prompt?

No more taking 30 pictures at a time! Yayy! :hyper:

I just got Maddy a new Sandisc card too and the number says approx 1047.
I think it also depends on what resolution you have the camera set to. The higher the resolution, the better quality of pictures and the less it will hold, but it will still hold a ton. I didn't know that at the time we took pics at an Edun event, so Maddy's pic with Bono isn't sharp for this reason (resolution was set way too low). We're ready for the next encounter :wink:

Not sure why your number didn't change. Did you take a few pictures & then try to go back and view them? I've never had to format a Sandisk card before :shrug:

As a general rule I format all new memory (and when I'm clearing my cards I re-format rather than delete), but I don't think you HAVE to.

Thanks guys! I took a couple more pictures and the number did change this time so that makes me feel better. Glad to know Lila that you haven't had to format your Sandisk cards either. I didn't want to take a bunch of pics and then not be able to transfer them down the road because I didn't format it. I guess it's a non-issue and more of a personal preference type thing though. :up: I found my camera manual and it said if the format screen didn't pop up it was fine to go but then it also said to format first time cards so :doh: :lol:

Thanks for the heads up about the resolution too:wave:

Back
Top Bottom