Purchased tunes won't play

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Doozer61

Blue Crack Addict
none of my purchased music will play on my ipod. i did the upgrade on itunes over the weekend and whenever i choose one of those songs it just shows the title and the time but no song. :help:

Weird. Is your iPod/iTunes authorized to play those songs? Maybe you purchased them on a new account or something.

If so:

Store>>Authorize Computer

And then just enter in the username and password you used to buy the songs.

Doozer! You aren't alone. My friend's iPod won't play purchased songs either. She read something about it on some message board. Apparently, a lot of people are having this problem.

I'm wondering if it has something to do with the generation of the iPod. I think it would happen to mine, but I haven't updated it in months (I like to let others test it out first :wink: ).

Have you downloaded the newer 7.0 iTunes and tried updating? If you have and it didn't work, the only thing I might recommend is that you download an old version of iTunes and try updating it with that. It might be risky since the iPod is such a fickle little device, but it's worth a shot.

I have a question, the songs you downloaded on the computer and put on your ipod, is the songs you dowloaded on a computer you usually dont hook up you computer to?

iTunes Store: Finding missing music and video downloads
If you have (for whatever reason) lost media that you downloaded from the iTunes Store on your computer, here are some steps to try and find the files.

Find files on your hard drive
If the song is still listed in your iTunes library but you don't know where it is on your computer, see this article for steps to locate where it is on your hard drive.

If you can't find the song or video anywhere in iTunes, try searching for it on your computer—Windows users, use Windows Explorer; Mac users, use Spotlight or the Finder. The first step is to search for files ending in .m4p (audio), .m4v (video), or .ipg (iPod games). These are the file extensions for music, video, and iPod game files purchased from the iTunes Store. Sometimes the iTunes database can be emptied without actually having deleted the music files.

Windows users

On the Start menu, click Search.
Click All Files and folders.
In the "All or part of the file name" field, type either m4p or m4v or ipg and then click Search.
If you see the files you are looking for in the Search Results window, you can add them back into your iTunes library.

I hope someone on here can help you, because Apple's customer service suuuuuucks. I've been trying to get help on the discussion boards over there this week because I can't burn CDs, and the things people have told me to do messed up my computer. I spent over two hours today fixing the problems with Dell customer service :mad:

Back
Top Bottom