PS3, Xbox 360 or Wii ????

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel terrible because I bought Brawl and school/life have gotten in the way, yet I'm still compelled to go buy Kart.

I have 5 papers left to grade, 30 portfolio cover letters (easily done in 2 exam periods), 2 exams, and a paper left. BRING IT ON.

DUDE. I just got a Wii from my brother as an early birthday present. Played his a few months back, and now I have my own!!! :hyper: :dance: :hyper: Now to cash in my gamecube and controllers to pick up some more Wii controllers, nunchucks, and games..... Figure I'll start off with Mario Kart, Smash Bros., and put in for Lego Indiana Jones.

I definitely need to battle some of my fellow U2ians in Super Smash Bros. Brawl one of these days. That game is awesome, especially when you're Mr. Game & Watch.

All I do is win :p

Quick question: What else can I do about my 360 if it gave one of my discs circular scratches?

I'm gonna go to Gamestop and hope they can rebuff it, but should I call Microsoft and see what's up?

The next Prince of Persia is looking awesome...lovely looking artwork, and the focus on one on one dueling rather than fighting hordes of enemies is certainly interesting sounding...it can get boring killing identikit enemies in the likes of God of War etc and previous Prince of Persia's.

For whatever it's worth, that's IGN UK. "Real" IGN will have a separate review.

I don't understand why IGN, an English language site, has UK and AUS reviews as well. Whatev.

The same shots are on the 360 sites too, so I'm expecting great things on both consoles. Pretty sweet, eh? These pics, the new trailer, and the producer interview on Gametrailers have me extremely hyped, it may even be the game I'm the most excited for right now. Gotta love the Resident Evil games.

'Twas my birthday yesterday & got MarioKart, Brawl, and some winter sports game that actually looks kind of cool. Wahoo! :hyper:

RE4 was awesome although I think my favourite is still Code Veronica...

Before the Wii, I'd never actually played any of the RE games myself. I watched one of my friends/roommate play through the first remake on Gamecube, and some of the second one. So I really only know the second, third, and prequal from Umbrella Chronicles. I don't even know Veronica. Just finished RE4 on the Wii a month or two ago, it was fantastic.

Before the Wii, I'd never actually played any of the RE games myself. I watched one of my friends/roommate play through the first remake on Gamecube, and some of the second one. So I really only know the second, third, and prequal from Umbrella Chronicles. I don't even know Veronica. Just finished RE4 on the Wii a month or two ago, it was fantastic.

The first one on the Playstation 1 is terribly cheesy but still pretty good for what it was. The remake on The GameCube is way better but much harder.

The second one was excellent, the third one was good but too short.

Code Veronica was really good and had an awesome story, 0 on the GC was pretty decent but felt short as well and of course #4 kicked all kinds of Ass...

Do you have a PS2?

I don't, I just have a 360 and Wii. Last gen, most of my friends had Xboxs (myself included) and a couple also had Gamecubes. I had a roommate with a PS2 briefly years back, but all I remember him playing were multiplatform games.

I have to admit, Metal Gear is tempting me to make the current gen circle complete. We'll see what happens.

If you like having the crap scared out of you a la Resident Evil try Silent Hill... I know there are a couple versions on the Xbox.

I Highly recomend SH but be warned - while RE scares you here and there, SH creeps you the shit out from start to finish.

The Silent Hill movie itself was pretty messed, I've heard the games are really scary.

Have you played any of the Condemned games? I've never been scared by anything as much as those games. I still haven't gotten through the second one because I can't play it for more than an hour or two at a time without continually turning around because I can't tell if there's really someone behind me or if it's just the game. They did a great job with the surround sound and atmosphere on those games. It freaks you out badly enough when you have to just fight one person, you nearly have a heart attack when you see 4 or 5 of them coming. Terrifying shiz. The same developer, Monolith, made FEAR. While it was mainly an action game, it has some scary parts too.

While it wasn't scary much at all, Dead Rising was a blast. Probably still one of my favorite games that's come out on 360.

I haven't played any of the Condemned games... I don't currently have a next gen system :reject: so I havent played much to tell the truth... Is it first-person or third-person style?

Dead Rising does indeed look awesome - one of the only reasons so far I can see for getting an Xbox 360...

I'm getting a PS3 tomorrow! :hyper:

I'm buying the MGS4 Bundle (80GB console, dualshock 3, and MGS4 and "voucher for downloadable Pain game", whatever that means), GTA 4 and MLB 08 The Show.

I'll probably pick up FIFA '08, NHL '09 and Madden '09 later on this summer, at the least.

12 more hours...:drool:

I just bought it (with the three games). But I can't play it yet because the chick at Future Shop who sold it to me neglected to tell me that it doesn't come with HD cables (even though I asked). Now I get to walk down to EB Games to pay another 40 bucks for a component cable and wait another half hour to play the damn thing! :happy:

FYI, you (or my family) may not see me for the rest of the weekend. :hyper:

Dave, if your HDTV/PS3 both have HDMI ports, I'd highly suggest getting them. Works wonders for my 360.

Yeah, unfortunately the only HD-capable TV in the house (we're a little behind the times up here in Canada) was bought about a year and a half ago, and doesn't have an HDMI port. For some reason though, despite being the cheapest I've ever seen a 27" LCD tv go for, it does 1080p, so that works okay.

Wouldn't the only difference between composite and HDMI (if the TV is displaying in 1080p anyways) be sound quality? All I have is two-channel audio off the front of the TV set.

Either way I think I'm going to buy a new HDMI-capable TV later this summer. :hmm:

So Nintendo introduced the Wii Motion Plus (I think that's what it's called) giving the Wii a 1:1 motion sensor capacity. I may be demanding but weren't we made to believe that the Wii was capable of it initially?

Anyway, they're releasing a new Wii Sports Resort with this new hardware.

If you like having the crap scared out of you a la Resident Evil try Silent Hill... I know there are a couple versions on the Xbox.

I Highly recomend SH but be warned - while RE scares you here and there, SH creeps you the shit out from start to finish.

Back when I was about 12 or so, my friend swapped me the first Silent Hill for Crash Bandicoot. I managed to make it as far as the school. Those horrible little white things made me run out of my living room...crying. I don't know what ever became of that Cheryl bitch. I don't care to find out, either.

Nine years later and I still can't even entertain the thought of playing that game again. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom