PS3, Xbox 360 or Wii ????

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I will likely be buying that this week, NSW. We can talk about it with each other and stuffz!!!11!!

Almost done with Dead Space, it's been great. The level I'm on now has freaked me out, so I haven't played it since Saturday. Yes, I am a sissy. I hope to finish it before Halloween, not sure if that will happen or not though.

Ladies and Gentleman "The Beatles!"

From ign.com

IGN: The Beatles May Come to Rock Band

The Beatles May Come to Rock Band
Major announcement coming tomorrow morning.

by Erik Brudvig

October 29, 2008 - According to a press release sent out by MTV Games,

Apple Corps and MTV will announce an exclusive music project tomorrow

morning at 7:00 AM Pacific.

Apple Corps is the music company founded by The Beatles in 1968 that administers the catalogue of the mega-band. MTV is the parent company of Harmonix, the developers responsible for the Rock Band gaming franchise.

Put one and one together and you have the announcement of Beatles songs in Rock Band form. Whether this will be downloadable add-ons to Rock Band and Rock Band 2 or a standalone game in the vein of AC/DC Live: Rock Band Track Pack remains to be seen.

The announcement will be made through a teleconference hosted by Jeff Jones, CEO of Apple Corps, Ltd., Judy McGrath, Chairman and CEO of MTV Networks, and Van Toffler, President of MTV Networks Music/Logo Group. Absent is anyone from the MTV Games brand that manages Harmonix, but, again, the press release was sent to IGN by that arm of the company.

Dead Space is some fucking freaky shit. I've had the game for almost a week and made it chapter 3. Haven't had as much game time as I'd have liked, but fuck man its intense!

Alright, new new 360 interface is awesome. The avatars I could live without, but everything else is great. The ability to link my Netflix account and watch my instant queue on TV on demand? Beautiful.

I see Lance and scumbo have already been in on the action.

Mark Cuban

Please keep the insider trading jokes to a tasteful minimum.

Alright, new new 360 interface is awesome. The avatars I could live without, but everything else is great. The ability to link my Netflix account and watch my instant queue on TV on demand? Beautiful.

I see Lance and scumbo have already been in on the action.

I absolutely cannot wait to get Live just for NetFlix. That's insane.

IMP, get GOW2 so you can play with NSW and I. You too, LeMac. We can have lengthy discussions about music while curb-stomping and chainsawing fools. In other words, heaven is a place on earth.

I'm broke and have to buy Broken Social Scene tickets Saturday. Priorities, man. Priorities.

But Christmas is coming, so we'll see. I didn't like GOW1 that much. I want to get COD: World at War first and foremost.

But Christmas is coming, so we'll see. I didn't like GOW1 that much.

A couple of my friends didn't either, but they're now saying that 2 is the most fun they've ever had on Xbox Live. It's worth it for Horde mode alone, trust me.

IMP, get GOW2 so you can play with NSW and I. You too, LeMac. We can have lengthy discussions about music while curb-stomping and chainsawing fools. In other words, heaven is a place on earth.

I've got GoW 1 right now, but when I pick up 2 and get LIVE, that'll be the first thing I'll do.

imps, I'm definitely getting NBA2k9. Your Mavs. My Magic. Let's do this.

Have you noticed my avatars quote?

Even cartoon versions of me are predictable!

Oh I did. And I share the sentiment. It provided insight with putting a cartoon face to a name since I don't reckon I've seen a photo of you. I don't do the whole photo thread thing much. On a somewhat related note, NSW's avatar took his douche level down many a notch.

imps, I'm definitely getting NBA2k9. Your Mavs. My Magic. Let's do this.

We shall see. I haven't bought a basketball game since Live 05. You could always get NCAA and have your Noles get mudholed by Fozzy Whittaker.

Oh I did. And I share the sentiment. It provided insight with putting a cartoon face to a name since I don't reckon I've seen a photo of you. I don't do the whole photo thread thing much. On a somewhat related note, NSW's avatar took his douche level down many a notch.

We shall see. I haven't bought a basketball game since Live 05. You could always get NCAA and have your Noles get mudholed by Fozzy Whittaker.

The 2k series is way better, but yeah, I understand. NCAA 09 will be a purchase from my end, that's for sure... I wonder if the game has Pappy Bowden falling asleep on the sidelines, too.

Everyone get TVersity!
You download the program to your computer and you can stream all your media to your Xbox's, PS3s, Wiis, iPhones, etc.

Best part is its FREE! :up:

I'm getting a 360 for Chrimmus, so good times. I've already got Soul Calibur 4, Fable 2 and GTA4 ready for it, but I want to get into some other series - is Gears of War 2 good for someone who hasn't really played any FPS for like ten years?

I'm getting a 360 for Chrimmus, so good times. I've already got Soul Calibur 4, Fable 2 and GTA4 ready for it, but I want to get into some other series - is Gears of War 2 good for someone who hasn't really played any FPS for like ten years?

Gears of War 2 is in third person actually. :wink:

It's a fantastic game, I think you'd be perfectly fine playing it on the normal difficulty. If you're getting Xbox Live, it'd probably be the one game I'd instantly recommend (as you could play with No Spoken Words and I). It may be smart to run through the first game quickly story wise before playing the sequel though.

Other games I'd highly recommend for lots of replay value and overall fun: Halo 3, Fallout 3, Call of Duty 4 (or really any of the other Call of Duty series if you like WW2), Left 4 Dead, Rock Band series, etc.

It's a fantastic game, I think you'd be perfectly fine playing it on the normal difficulty. If you're getting Xbox Live, it'd probably be the one game I'd instantly recommend (as you could play with No Spoken Words and I). It may be smart to run through the first game quickly story wise before playing the sequel though.

Other games I'd highly recommend for lots of replay value and overall fun: Halo 3, Fallout 3, Call of Duty 4 (or really any of the other Call of Duty series if you like WW2), Left 4 Dead, Rock Band series, etc.

Gears of War 2. :drool:

As Scumbo said, if you get it, you can play with us LIVE.

Fallout 3 is fantastic. If you like LOTR type stuff, you might want to get Elder Scrolls: Oblivion. Not a new title any longer, but a fantastic and immersive game.

GTA IV is loads of fun, too, if you do not mind the violence.

Well, shut my mouth!
emotgonk1ae.gif
Actually, that's even better.

Cool, thanks. :up: I was at least considering most of those.

Gears of War 2. :drool:

As Scumbo said, if you get it, you can play with us LIVE.

Fallout 3 is fantastic. If you like LOTR type stuff, you might want to get Elder Scrolls: Oblivion. Not a new title any longer, but a fantastic and immersive game.

GTA IV is loads of fun, too, if you do not mind the violence.

I'm not really a LOTR fan, but if it's a good game, I might force one of my LOTR-fan type friends to buy it.

No violence in games bothers me, I've played through other GTAs, and my favourite PS2 games were those in the God of War series.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom