PS3 to be re-issued?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BrownEyedBoy

Rock n' Roll Doggie
I´m planning on buying a PS3 in the next few weeks but a friend of mine told me they were to be re-issued because of a flaw.

Does anyone know about this or should I just go ahead and buy one?

None that I am aware of....that said it took a year for the 360's red light of death flaw to become apparent...yet Microsoft haven't done anything about it...people's 360s are dropping like flies.

LJT said:
None that I am aware of....that said it took a year for the 360's red light of death flaw to become apparent...yet Microsoft haven't done anything about it...people's 360s are dropping like flies.

Red light problem?

I think it refers to the light on the power switch of the 360, where it is usually green, but lots of people have been reporting their 360s not working, with the green lights going to red (the green ring of lights is split into four, 3 of them go red your console is dead, 4 flashing red light's oddly just means the AV cable is not connected properly).

Microsoft are denying there is a major problem, but it does seem to be happening to an awful lot of people.

I had a bit of a scare. I tried everything. PS2 games, DVD's, PS3 games and it wouldn't read 'em. Then I just grabbed a random CD - it happened to be Nirvana's Nevermind - and it read it. I took it out and put in a game ...and it worked. Thank God.

Ok, so I have two problems with my two consoles.

I just got a fricken red light on my 360, but xbox said they'll ship me another one for free.

and my ps3 just started turning off in the middle of games that I was playing for the last two times I've played it.

This has pissed me off:angry:

Wonder if Microsoft will ever release something that doesnt have issues? I mean.......these things are years in development, same as their software but seem riddled with flaws. Cant think of any other company that gets away with it

Justin24 said:
I told you BrownEyedBoy Xbox360, and look you didn't listen.

he doesn't need to listen to you because the PS3 is better than the xbox because of the BluRay... bluRay has more capacity than HD-DVD so therefore its better! My best friend is a Audio/Video guru and says HD-DVD won't last.. Plus better games on PS3... i'm going to get one soon after I get my new home theater High Def Projection system :yes:

gman said:
Wonder if Microsoft will ever release something that doesnt have issues? I mean.......these things are years in development, same as their software but seem riddled with flaws. Cant think of any other company that gets away with it

Microsoft are denying any problem, because if they admit to one, everyone's console who failed outside of the warranty will likely sue them.

jesseu2 said:

he doesn't need to listen to you because the PS3 is better than the xbox because of the BluRay... bluRay has more capacity than HD-DVD so therefore its better! My best friend is a Audio/Video guru and says HD-DVD won't last.. Plus better games on PS3... i'm going to get one soon after I get my new home theater High Def Projection system :yes:

This is my feeling as well...

To succeed in the next year, Sony needs to:

1. Keep the price of BluRay players expensive
2. Lower the PS3 price by at least $100
3. Release more exclusive titles (Final Fantasy, Resident Evil, Metal Gear, etc...)

MGS 4 may come out on the 360 but only likely a good few months after the PS3 release. MGS4 is quite far along in its development and there hasn't been a mention of any port at all....also if it is ported to 360 konami seem to be suggesting it would be on two discs as the 360's obviously hold less than Blu-ray.

elevated_u2_fan said:

This is my feeling as well...

To succeed in the next year, Sony needs to:

2. Lower the PS3 price by at least $100

SAN FRANCISCO (Reuters) - Sony Corp. (6758.T) cut the price of the PlayStation 3 by $100, or 17 percent, in the United States on Monday, a move that should boost the video game console's lackluster sales.

The PlayStation 3, which includes a 60-gigabyte hard drive and a Blu-ray high-definition DVD player, will now cost $500, or $20 more than the most expensive version of Microsoft Corp.'s (Nasdaq:MSFT - news) Xbox 360.

The PS3 still costs twice that of Nintendo Co. Ltd.'s (7974.OS) Wii console, whose $250 price and motion-sensing controller have made it a best-seller despite its lack of cutting-edge graphics and hard disk.

I still stand by the 360 Down with the Monolith PS3 or should I say the George Foreman Grill look a like.

Back
Top Bottom