Norton AntiVirus 2007 – Question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Down Under

Refugee
I am currently running Norton AntiVirus 2003 on Windows XP and I am thinking of upgrading to the 2007 version.

I vaguely remember reading some negative comments about the latest version and I am just wondering if someone here has the 2007 version and what you think of it?

I have renewed my subscription (updates etc) of the 2003 version each year.

Many thanks for your comments.

I use Symantec, which is the corporate edition but basically the same product. I have the latest version and I like it because it also protects against spyware. I see a lot of student computers that come in because "it loads slow" and they have some crappier AV products plus several freeware spyware products all trying to run at the same time. Symantec 10 does everything. I've always like Norton/Symantec better than McAfee because it's very simple to download and install virus def updates even without a connection to the Internet (ie, you can download one file, save it on a disc, run it on another computer and it will update).

I'm not sure how similar the latest Norton will be to Symantec, but honestly if you are running Windows updates, turn on your firewall, and be smart about web browsing, checking e-mails spam e-mails, etc, I don't think it's even necessary to upgrade. Unless maybe a newer version isn't such a CPU hog, but I have a crappy old computer so it's probably not much of an issue for most people.

Back
Top Bottom