New Windows Updates Killing iTunes?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Utoo

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
Yesterday I downloaded and installed a few automatic updates that popped up for my Windows XP. About 2 hours later, I tried to open my iTunes---which has worked beautifully for 2 years---and the album cover area is black & says "Unable to view album art on this computer." WTF?

My only guess is to try and re-install iTunes. If that doesn't work, then I guess I'll try and uninstall the recent updates....? :shrug:

I uninstalled & reinstalled iTunes, but I still got the message. I googled the problem & found this site:

http://newecho.typepad.com/blog/2006/09/itunes_7_error_.html

..which offers several possible fixes. The one that worked for me was changing the hardware acceleration. For some reason, mine wasn't set at the max, which is the recommended setting. I bumped it up & everything works fine. :D

I had a similar problem recently. I couldn't play any songs in i-tunes, or on my windows media player. I decided to wait it out until I could get someone to help me with it. Before I could get help, I had an automatic Windows update -- and now both media players are working fine. Sometimes I think that Windows intentionally screws things up so I'll do the updates......

Back
Top Bottom