New Apple product/updates

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So, I'm patiently saving to get one of the 'new' Macbooks.

Is there anything I need to consider, given it'll be for home use and taking to/from university? I've had a look in stores and I'm happy with the size and weight.

I'm expecting to not want to break it over my knee with my low-end laptop that's running Vista.

If you want to accidentally inhale your computer for the better part of $3000, it's the computer for you.

:lmao:

OMG Khan, that blue sleeve thing of yours! It's awesome! :love: I haven't bought one yet since they didn't have blue ones in the store, I hope to find one online!

So, I'm patiently saving to get one of the 'new' Macbooks.

Is there anything I need to consider, given it'll be for home use and taking to/from university? I've had a look in stores and I'm happy with the size and weight.

I'm expecting to not want to break it over my knee with my low-end laptop that's running Vista.
just make sure you get a nice sturdy bag for it so, obvs, you don't run the risk of dropping it. oh, and others may think it's a waste, but i always get the extended warranty on laptops. desktops not so much, but i figure laptops are so portable, anything can happen.

OMG Khan, that blue sleeve thing of yours! It's awesome! :love: I haven't bought one yet since they didn't have blue ones in the store, I hope to find one online!
thanks! i love it. i didn't get it so much to protect it or anything, but i just don't like white or black. boring. i also have a sleeve on my (also white) ipod and at times i forget my ipod isn't actually lime green! (which i don't get...the nano has so many gorgeous colours out but for the ipod it's just white/silver and black.) i just ended up buying my case online, so it's definitely recommended. (btw i'm sure you could tell from the page at amazon.com, but the one i own is listed as aqua, the blue is a much darker blue.)

just make sure you get a nice sturdy bag for it so, obvs, you don't run the risk of dropping it. oh, and others may think it's a waste, but i always get the extended warranty on laptops. desktops not so much, but i figure laptops are so portable, anything can happen.

I thought as much, re the bag. My bag already has padding for bigger laptops and I'm sure the 150 bus tickets and extra university magazines should have protect it....I hope.

And yeah, I always bend over for the extended warranty.

thanks! i love it. i didn't get it so much to protect it or anything, but i just don't like white or black. boring. i also have a sleeve on my (also white) ipod and at times i forget my ipod isn't actually lime green! (which i don't get...the nano has so many gorgeous colours out but for the ipod it's just white/silver and black.) i just ended up buying my case online, so it's definitely recommended. (btw i'm sure you could tell from the page at amazon.com, but the one i own is listed as aqua, the blue is a much darker blue.)

It looks great. :yes: The other blue one too. I found a nice sleeve on a Dutch website, I think my sister bought the pink one there. They also have blue ones.
robeMB13pink.jpg

:hmm: What do you think? Are these sleeves good enough so I can take my laptop with me in my bag to uni?

Ok, first try to install windows on my macbook failed. :crack: windows was fully installed, then it restarted and I got
Disk error
Press any key to restart

ofcourse, none of the keys worked.. At last I got the disc of windows out and put the OSX one in so I'll now prolly have to reinstall osx.
:crack: Anyone got experience with getting windows on it?

The best bags, IMO, are made by Crumpler. They are pricey for sure, but I have a couple and they've served me very well over the years.

I think I got my mistake. I made the windows partition larger than 32 gig and didn't format it. That fucks the whole thing up. It's now formatting the 32 gig partition. I'll put most of my stuff on the mac partition anyway. (clips, music and pictures) and only the programs that dont'work with mac on the windows partition.

Yay it's done formatting, on to the setup!

I have a Targus bag, which is more of a general laptop bag, but it's pretty awesome nonetheless.

I can carry both my MacBook and external hard drive with me no problem.

It looks great. :yes: The other blue one too. I found a nice sleeve on a Dutch website, I think my sister bought the pink one there. They also have blue ones.
robeMB13pink.jpg

:hmm: What do you think? Are these sleeves good enough so I can take my laptop with me in my bag to uni?
oooh, those are pretty! i personally don't use sleeves only because i prefer having a shoulder strap, but those look well-made :up:

:tongue:

I think I'll order the blue one. Well, I could also go to the apple store thursday when I get back from uni. That'll be easier. :hmm: And faster.

Occasionally. I wish it was an all-encompassing chat client (MSN, Yahoo, etc), though. I usually use it to chat with my brother, and he's got a Mac and uses their mobileMe service anyway.

Going into chat rooms using iChat is ridiculous because it doesn't even tell you who says what... that's completely ridiculous. And AIM for Mac is completely unreliable, at least on my computer.

Going into chat rooms using iChat is ridiculous because it doesn't even tell you who says what... that's completely ridiculous. And AIM for Mac is completely unreliable, at least on my computer.
i use adium as well, but there is a setting on ichat to make it easier to see who's saying what. :D when i first used ichat i thought the same thing, confusing as hell if you're in a multi-person chat.

i use adium as well, but there is a setting on ichat to make it easier to see who's saying what. :D when i first used ichat i thought the same thing, confusing as hell if you're in a multi-person chat.

Orly? I'll have to fix this then, thanks Khan the Wise.

I got the blue sleeve.

But there's major trouble already on my windows partition. :crack: I can't install any programs, for some reason they can't be fully installed. what the flying fuck?

My old laptop died today so I went out and picked up a new MacBook. Loving it so far!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom