New Apple product/updates

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll be buying a new 120 gb ipod classic next Friday (as my current 80 gb 5th generation is falling apart :sad: )

I just ordered the new 13-inch MacBook.

blank.gif

2.4GHz
Intel Core 2 Duo
2GB DDR3 Memory
250GB hard drive1
NVIDIA GeForce 9400M graphics

Corporate price $1503 :up: Almost $100 off.

I just ordered the new 13-inch MacBook.

blank.gif

2.4GHz
Intel Core 2 Duo
2GB DDR3 Memory
250GB hard drive1
NVIDIA GeForce 9400M graphics

Corporate price $1503 :up: Almost $100 off.

Nice! Oh right, I forgot, I'm a student! :hyper: That means discount!!!!!

:grumpy: Unfair how I still pay more than you. We pay around 1500 euros, 1500 dollar would be much nicer!

I'll try to get a couple of pics tomorrow.:)

I love the backlit keyboard!!!!!!
I am gonna enjoy learning all the tricks.

So I got one of those new Product Red 16 GB Nanos. I'm having a problem though, where Genius doesn't work with anything on it. Not even with the most mainstream of stuff, like Green Day and our U2. However, it works completely fine on iTunes. Anyone know what the deal is?

A couple of things that I truly enjoy from the new Macbook, first; the illuminated keyboard is amazing..this truy is a benefit .
And lastly the track pad;
"Use two fingers to scroll up and down a page. Pinch to zoom in and out. Swipe with three fingers to flip through your photo libraries. Rotate to adjust an image with your fingertips. Using the new four-finger swipe gesture, swipe up or down to access Exposé modes and left or right to switch between open applications. If you’re coming from a right-click world, you can right-click with two fingers or configure a right-click area on the trackpad. The more you use the Multi-Touch trackpad, the more you’ll wonder what you ever did without it."

I love the gestures on the trackpad. Most of those have been in the MacBook Pro for little while, except the 4 finger swiping. I used to hate using trackpads, but with the gestures I sometimes find myself using the trackpad instead of the mouse. :)

Well, I updated iTunes on the Macbook and I have to say that Genius Bar is amazing. I love how it makes a playlist from your library when you select one song and how it prompts similar music for you to buy form the iTunes store.
And to makes things better, turn on the visualizer. The graphics are incredible.
:up:

Questions for Macbook users: Aside from the cost of the laptop itself, taxes, and perhaps shipping, were there any other fees? Warantees, additional services, etc?

And for anyone who's new to Macs, any difficulty switching and navigating on an entirely different system?

¿¿¿

And for anyone who's new to Macs, any difficulty switching and navigating on an entirely different system?

¿¿¿

Bootcamp.

Lets you use both OSX and windows, so if you want to get used to mac, you can still occasionally switch back to windows. Or, like me, use the mac part for graphical and music stuff, use the windows one for general stuff.

:drool: I hope to have mine in one week from now. Thursday night I hope to get it!

Questions for Macbook users: Aside from the cost of the laptop itself, taxes, and perhaps shipping, were there any other fees? Warantees, additional services, etc?

¿¿¿

No additional fees. There is an optional AppleCare service plan you can buy. I think it's $350 for an additional 3 years of tech support/service.

I've used Macs all my life so I can't comment on difficulty switching. All I'll say is that after you get used to it you'll wonder why you didn't switch earlier. :D

No additional fees. There is an optional AppleCare service plan you can buy. I think it's $350 for an additional 3 years of tech support/service.

I've used Macs all my life so I can't comment on difficulty switching. All I'll say is that after you get used to it you'll wonder why you didn't switch earlier. :D
Awesome! Yeah, I bought the AppleCare service plan for my iPod, but I never ended up using it. Oh well.

I've used Macs a little bit before and they didn't seem too terribly difficult, so I'm sure I could switch easily enough.. :hmm:

Soon.......................... :drool:

Thanks for the info, guys :)

I got a new iPod classic 120 gb today. And an incase wonderful little protection device:

black1.jpg

...but I got sad because the case makes it so it won't fit into my roadTrip in the car now. :sad:

I was caressing a Macbook Air the other night :drool: It was on sale too because it was last year's model. *want* *splurgey-splurge*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom