New Apple product/updates

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
"iPod Nano and iPod Touch Dimensions Revealed?"

iLounge claims to have dimensions of the new iPod Nano and iPod Touch which are expected to be released at next week's September 9th media event.

133402-nano4g_400.jpg

The new iPod Nano resembles circulating rumors, though the front display does not appear to be as curved as previously depicted.

133402-touch2g_400.jpg

The new iPod Touch will be receiving a tapered design much like the new iPhone 3G. The new case appears to be slightly thicker than the existing iPod Touch and also reveals physical volume controls which are absent on the current iPod Touch.
:up:

Carlos, do you think the price will go down at all on the iPod Classics? I saw that the 160G one, which is what I'm leaning towards, is $349 right now. That's not bad at all for that much space. My parents paid $275 for my 30G U2 one 2 years ago. Also, when I do get my new iPod can I just plug it into my computer and have all my songs transferred over from iTunes?

:hmm: I think so.
they have a track record where they always improve the capacity and lower the price....so we will just have to wait two more days to find out.

I'm really hoping for the new improve (and lower priced) iPod Touch. And I'm thinking of getting a MacBook (don't need a Pro) so a new design and price cut for those would be more than welcome.

I :heart: Macs. No desire to go to Windows.

absolutely.

Funny thing is taht when I explained my needs to the Apple employee at the store, he suggested the Macbook Pro only if you are going to do lots of editing and tasks that 90% of the people won't do. He (and others as well) kept on telling me to go for the Macbook only.
iPod touch should be slimmer and more GB's...I hope.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for GPS added to the iPod Touch. The anticipated price drop wil be a nice bonus too. Can't wait to get my hands on one when they come out Tuesday.

absolutely.

Funny thing is taht when I explained my needs to the Apple employee at the store, he suggested the Macbook Pro only if you are going to do lots of editing and tasks that 90% of the people won't do. He (and others as well) kept on telling me to go for the Macbook only.
iPod touch should be slimmer and more GB's...I hope.

Here's another funny little thing about MacBooks - if you go with the white one, and upgrade to to the bigger HD, it's still $100 cheaper than the black one - with the same exact specs.

120G for $249?!:ohmy: My mom and dad paid $275 for my 30G one. Are they still going to have a 160G? I didn't see anything about it on the liveblog. If not, 120G for that price is awesome.:drool: I'll be able to buy it before Christmas:hyper:

I think they discontinued the thick one (which I think is how they're referring to the 160 GB one) and just kept the 120 one with the smaller size because that's what most people opted for anyway.

I think they discontinued the thick one (which I think is how they're referring to the 160 GB one) and just kept the 120 one with the smaller size because that's what most people opted for anyway.

Sweet. I'm going with that one, then. It only comes in black and silver, right? Also, are the new earphones they mentioned going to come with every iPod or just certain ones?

I'm not sure which earphones you're talking about. But I did read about some new $70 in-ear earphones by Apple.

I still wouldn't trust Apple's earphones, but that's just me. Seriously, it's amazing how the sound quality improves by spending just a little bit more on some decent earphones.

I'm not sure which earphones you're talking about. But I did read about some new $70 in-ear earphones by Apple.

I still wouldn't trust Apple's earphones, but that's just me. Seriously, it's amazing how the sound quality improves by spending just a little bit more on some decent earphones.

That's what I've heard. I've always liked the regular Apple earphones, but I've never wanted to spend money on more expensive ones. Maybe I'll spring for a pair when I get my new iPod.

All these updates sound pretty cool.

The Genius feature has me the most intrigued though. Will there be a software update for previous iPod Classics to get this, too?

Alright, cool.

I've got iTunes 8 up and running and like the changes so far.

120G for $249?!:ohmy: My mom and dad paid $275 for my 30G one. Are they still going to have a 160G? I didn't see anything about it on the liveblog. If not, 120G for that price is awesome.:drool: I'll be able to buy it before Christmas:hyper:

Brit, get it now...it's becoming discountinued VERY soon.....limited on hand too.

Apple never gives the date for this...I would buy now.

Ok, they (The geeks) are saying now that the new MacBooks will be announced later at the end of this month.:|

They wouldn't get rid of high-storage iPods until the flash drive storage iPods catch up, you know?

^Wait, what's the difference between the high-storage iPods and the flash drive storage iPods? Do they have any with flash drive storage yet? Also, the Genius feature on iTunes 8 is frickin' awesome.:drool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom